+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Upfront Medical, Pregnancy

sandeepnyc

Aug 1, 2017
Dear All

Following situation:

Received ITA for permanent residence recently.
Made medical exams for me, my wife, and my son last Friday.
We did not receive the IMM 1017B form by the clinic, as requested in the online application, but an "eMedical Information Sheet", which we were told to scan and upload. It contains an UMI code.
My wife is pregnant (expected date of birth 5 November 2017) and could not do the X-ray.
My wife received a "pregnancy deferral letter", stating that she "needs to complete the X-ray before the health case can be finalised and the processing of the permit application can continue".
Except the X-ray, all other documents are nearly complete and can be uploaded end of April.

Now, I have some questions, rather for clarifying:

[] Is the eMedical Information sufficient, or should I keep on demanding an IMM 1017B form?

[] Will the pregnancy / missing X-ray delay the viewing of my application until November? Or will the visa officers view the rest of the documents, and then just wait for that one X-ray, and decide like the next day?
… I guess what I'm asking is:
end of April + 6 months processing time (as per CIC homepage processing times)
OR
end of November + 6 months processing time

Thank you

Hi KlausKarp,

Where did your wife get the "pregnancy deferral letter" from? My wife is also pregnant and we got the medical done and all we got (from the doctor) was eMedical Information Sheet for both of us.

Thanks,
Sandeep

KlausKarp

Dec 5, 2016
Maple Ridge, BC
LANDED..........
9 July 2018
Hello Sandeep
The doctor provided us with the deferral letter on the same day we did the medicals. But we only needed it because she couldn't do the X-ray. Did you do the X-ray? Then the eMedical I
Best Wishes
Lukas

mowaiskhalid

Star Member
Sep 23, 2017
Please confirm your current status and what happened as I am also in a similar situation and need guidance from someone's practical experience. Thanks

Nuff_Love

Star Member
Aug 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you have time, would you mind giving detailed information in terms of documents required, how to inform CIC, the medical clinic, etc and what to expect from CIC. Thanks
PR application was submitted without chest x-ray and FBI PCC.
I wrote a LOE informing them of the pregnancy and FBI PCC.
They reply with deadline to submit PCC.
The deadline passed and I had to write another LOE requesting more time to submit PCC.
I ended up submitting the PCC through CSE.
The baby came before due date so x-ray was done couple days after child's birth.
Medical status changed to pass couple days after the x-ray was done.
Then LVO requested baby's Birth certificate, passport, PPR fee payment and that I should write a letter stating that I need to add the baby as an accompanying dependent.
I sent info request via email.
Then medical instructions was sent for the baby.
The 2 hours after PPR. They stated that passport should be sent 2 weeks after medical was done for the baby.
Note: I do not think that my application was on hold. I think they were doing background checks on so on while waiting on medical. Maybe I should take that out of my signature. I hope this helps. All the best.

mowaiskhalid

Star Member
Sep 23, 2017
The deadline passed and I had to write another LOE requesting more time to submit PCC.
The baby came before due date so x-ray was done couple days after child's birth.
Then LVO requested baby's Birth certificate, passport, PPR fee payment and that I should write a letter stating that I need to add the baby as an accompanying dependent.
The 2 hours after PPR. They stated that passport should be sent 2 weeks after medical was done for the baby.
Note: I do not think that my application was on hold. I think they were doing background checks on so on while waiting on medical. Maybe I should take that out of my signature. I hope this helps. All the best.
Thanks buddy. Clears a lot of information

sfaizi

Star Member
Apr 20, 2015

Hi,

Pretty much in the same position as you.

Medical was done after birth of newborn in August and in September status was changed to pass

However, when I submitted ADR for new-born documents and once again received ADR for Schedule A - Online, my medical status changed from passed to "under review"

I haven't received any request yet for newborn medical. Is this a compulsory requirement or is it as per the visa officer discretion?

FYI.. My medical was done in Feb-17 for myself and wife (pregnancy deferral obtained for xray, completed in Aug-17)

Thanks for your help.

Nuff_Love

Star Member
Aug 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Medical was done after birth of newborn in August and in September status was changed to pass

However, when I submitted ADR for new-born documents and once again received ADR for Schedule A - Online, my medical status changed from passed to "under review"

I haven't received any request yet for newborn medical. Is this a compulsory requirement or is it as per the visa officer discretion?

FYI.. My medical was done in Feb-17 for myself and wife (pregnancy deferral obtained for xray, completed in Aug-17)

Thanks for your help.
Congratulations. I think medical is compulsory for all family members. You will get instructions for medical for your newborn soon .

Reactions: sfaizi

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Thanks for your help.
Yes. medical for child is also compulsory. but child medical is a formality - they do some very basic tests (no blood tests either) and give report

Reactions: sfaizi

sfaizi

Star Member
Apr 20, 2015
Congratulations. I think medical is compulsory for all family members. You will get instructions for medical for your newborn soon .
Thanks

I went and got it done without receiving any request.. want to expedite this process!

sandeepnyc

Aug 1, 2017
Hello Sandeep
The doctor provided us with the deferral letter on the same day we did the medicals. But we only needed it because she couldn't do the X-ray. Did you do the X-ray? Then the eMedical I
Best Wishes
Lukas
Sorry for the late reply, but it might help others. I called the doctor's office for the letter and they sent it to me. They said since they already uploaded it on the CIC system they thought that I wouldnt need it.