+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Upfront Medical - Issue - Please help

bigronaldo

Aug 18, 2015
Dear All,

I went for my upfront medical test after receiving ITA. I got an Information sheet with UMI number after the test.

In Client Visa details, the below are mentioned:

IME: Non EDE
Upfront Medical type: Worker

Could anyone please clarify what these mean and whether medical type 'Worker' is correct for EE application. Wouldn't worker type be for FSW. Please help..

Regards

astro313

Star Member
Oct 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi ,
First of all, before opening a new thread I would strongly recommend to search in the forum if someone else has already had the same problem/issue/question as you. Secondly, as per what I have read, it's quite normal for your upfront medical test to be Non EDE / Worker. I also did the upfront medical test and got the same confirmation letter as you. As per what I have read in the forum more than 90% of the applicants who got ITA have done the same upfront medical type examination as you .

cartwright

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
bigronaldo said:
Dear All,

I went for my upfront medical test after receiving ITA. I got an Information sheet with UMI number after the test.

In Client Visa details, the below are mentioned:

IME: Non EDE
Upfront Medical type: Worker

Could anyone please clarify what these mean and whether medical type 'Worker' is correct for EE application. Wouldn't worker type be for FSW. Please help..

Regards
if you had searched on the CIC website you would have found that there is no such type called FSW for medical.

That being said given that EE is a relatively new process we have had people whose medicals were marked as either Worker or Family and have still passed so no need to worry about it.

urrry

Oct 25, 2015
According to this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/partner/pp/pdf/handbook-extract.pdf the following categories are possible.
Upfront medical type:
 Student
 Worker
 Visitor
 Family (EDE)
 Refugee Claimant (in Canada only)

IME:
 Excessive Demand Exempt (EDE clients are those who are exempted from assessment of excessive demand on the Canadian health care system);
 Non-Excessive Demand Exempt (Non-EDE); and
 Refugee-Overseas.

So NON EDE and worker seems ok.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016