+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Upfront medical for paper based applicant?

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
You are just giving CIC chances to screw over your application. It won't speed up process anyway

Don't do it unless you have legit reason. Being impatient is not legit

salmaniut

Star Member
May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2016
AOR Received.
05-12-2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Inland
shincanada said:
I am paper based applicant and did an upfront medical early May.
Doctor was aware of having an upfront medical and there was nothing different with having medical after the request.
I made an appointment at doctors office and let them know I am having an upfront one.
However I got a reminder for medical examination few weeks later.
I didnt know why I got a reminder.
I think cic was screwed up at that moment. Same thing happened to some of us.
Few weeks later, Ecas showed medical results have been received.
I think there is nothing wrong with upfront medical.
I would take it if I want to.
Thanks for ur informative post.

shincanada

Star Member
May 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-06-2015
Med's Request
End of April 2015
Passport Req..
Sep 28 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 11 2016
LANDED..........
Oct 18 2016
salmaniut said:
Thanks for ur informative post.
The safest way is just to wait for request however for my case
The high volume of blood was shown in my urine at first test so i was
Asked to repeat it and i was waiting for the safe day to take itz
It took almost a month to finish so for me, having upfront one was a timesaver decision.
I dont think it speeds up my application however, if any unexpected problem pops up,
It can help saving time though.

anmolbhullar

Nov 9, 2011
shincanada said:
The safest way is just to wait for request however for my case
The high volume of blood was shown in my urine at first test so i was
Asked to repeat it and i was waiting for the safe day to take itz
It took almost a month to finish so for me, having upfront one was a timesaver decision.
I dont think it speeds up my application however, if any unexpected problem pops up,
It can help saving time though.
Agreed. once you do your medicals you have done everything on your part. After this the next step is ppr ( for most cases)

anmolbhullar

Nov 9, 2011
I want to add that if someone decides for doing upfront meds you should be smart about the timing. I am talking about inland applicants as i am not aware about the outland timeframes. You should go for upfront meds soon after AOR but not too soon (around 3-4 months / depends on the current application processing times). The only case when upfront meds can delay your application is when you do your upfront meds and then within days you get the mr from CIC. I have seen this happening to some people and their applications get delayed because when you go for upfront meds the dmp assigns a UMI specific to you. When CIC issues you a MR they also assign you a UME. Now when you do your meds it takes around 2 weeks to go into CIC system and if you get a MR before that you now have 2 UMIs assigned to you. Now the Visa Officer will have to clear up the mess you made and it will delay your application.

Ayokunlex01

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2015
BOSTON; MASSACHUSETTS
Visa Office......
Accra Ghana
NOC Code......
2241 Electrical Engineer
anmolbhullar said:
I want to add that if someone decides for doing upfront meds you should be smart about the timing. I am talking about inland applicants as i am not aware about the outland timeframes. You should go for upfront meds soon after AOR but not too soon (around 3-4 months / depends on the current application processing times). The only case when upfront meds can delay your application is when you do your upfront meds and then within days you get the mr from CIC. I have seen this happening to some people and their applications get delayed because when you go for upfront meds the dmp assigns a UMI specific to you. When CIC issues you a MR they also assign you a UME. Now when you do your meds it takes around 2 weeks to go into CIC system and if you get a MR before that you now have 2 UMIs assigned to you. Now the Visa Officer will have to clear up the mess you made and it will delay your application.

inland applicants can go for upfront medicals, reason is that, they had once did medicals during there immigration to canada at first, but outland applicant dont have that chance, now u tink of this, if upfront medicals is alowed, every applicant will be going for medicals anyhow, and u no whhat result that will bring,

evoboy2016

Star Member
Jun 3, 2015
DUBAI
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Your Canadian Visa validity which you will get after PPR is based on your medical test report, so its advisable to do it as late as possible. Ideally, they will send u a request for medical and its better to send it then. I dont see a point in doing upfront medical unless its the faster Express Entry program.

Druce

Champion Member
Aug 6, 2012
South Africa
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria, South Africa
NOC Code......
0621 - Retail and Wholesale Trade Manager
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MPNP 22 April 2014 CIC 22 September 2015
Doc's Request.
none
Nomination.....
11 September 2015
AOR Received.
11 December 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
1 February 2016
Med's Request
4 August 2016
Med's Done....
10 August 2016 - Passed 31 August 2016 on myCIC
Interview........
noce
Passport Req..
12 Septmeber 2016
VISA ISSUED...
28 September 2016
LANDED..........
Mid December 2016 if all goes well!
mf4361 said:
You are just giving CIC chances to screw over your application. It won't speed up process anyway

Don't do it unless you have legit reason. Being impatient is not legit
My VO sees applicants in person on every first Tuesday of the month. I went there this month to inquire about my case.

When at the VO I asked the consultant if I should not go for upfront medicals. She told me that upfront medicals are a huge problem for applicants that should not be doing them (EE is allowed and paper based should wait for MR). The problem is that if you dont have the medical request with the IME no which your medicals needs to get linked to on the online system, you medicals goes into a "pool" where all medicals without IME no are. They then have to manually go and look on this system for your and all dependents medicals and link it up to your IME no once they issue it.

I was strongly advised NOT to do upfront by them as this may delay or complicate my case.

There is NO proof whatsoever that upfront medicals saves any time. The only time you might save is the time to make the appointment and go for the actual medical. Saving this time versus delaying/complicating your case by an undetermined time (weeks/months) is not worth it.

You have come this far in the process, why risk gaining a week when you could lose months?

This is just my opinion based on what I was told by the officer at my local VO and all the posts I have read thus far.

By the way, I received my MR a couple of days after visiting them ;D

Please hit the [good] +1 button if this helped you in any way Tongue

Reactions: vcool

yui

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
2016-04-29
AOR Received.
2016-06-25
Med's Request
2017-05-02
Med's Done....
2017-05-09
anmolbhullar said:
I'm thinking about doing medical upfront, I got AOR in Jun 2016, thank you for your valuable comments!!!

I was wondering is there any other people doing upfront medical in this thread?

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
yui said:
I'm thinking about doing medical upfront, I got AOR in Jun 2016, thank you for your valuable comments!!!

I was wondering is there any other people doing upfront medical in this thread?
I did medical for another WP application. After getting MR, I send CSE to attach it to my current PR application. (So I don't need to redo it) 2 weeks from CSE to Medical Passed.

Please unless you have real reason, don't do upfront medical. it's not gonna help

yui

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
2016-04-29
AOR Received.
2016-06-25
Med's Request
2017-05-02
Med's Done....
2017-05-09
mf4361 said:
I did medical for another WP application. After getting MR, I send CSE to attach it to my current PR application. (So I don't need to redo it) 2 weeks from CSE to Medical Passed.

Please unless you have real reason, don't do upfront medical. it's not gonna help
Could you please tell me when you did it upfront?

Your profile is showing Med's Request: 28 Oct 2016

I was wondering how earlier you did it upfront?

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
yui said:
Could you please tell me when you did it upfront?

Your profile is showing Med's Request: 28 Oct 2016

I was wondering how earlier you did it upfront?
early April

I was requested to do medical for a Closed WP LMIA-exempt application in April, and so I did

Medical is valid for 1 year from date of examination

yui

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
2016-04-29
AOR Received.
2016-06-25
Med's Request
2017-05-02
Med's Done....
2017-05-09
mf4361 said:
early April

I was requested to do medical for a Closed WP LMIA-exempt application in April, and so I did

Medical is valid for 1 year from date of examination
Thanks may I ask if you have sent you medical result to CIC and ask them to link it to your pr application in Apr?

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
yui said:
Thanks may I ask if you have sent you medical result to CIC and ask them to link it to your pr application in Apr?
I send it in July once along with Sch A update as requested. They confirmed receiving it, but were not able to attach it to my file without MR. I did it again when I got MR (and a new IME) and this time they've got it

yui

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
2016-04-29
AOR Received.
2016-06-25
Med's Request
2017-05-02
Med's Done....
2017-05-09
mf4361 said:
I send it in July once along with Sch A update as requested. They confirmed receiving it, but were not able to attach it to my file without MR. I did it again when I got MR (and a new IME) and this time they've got it
Thanks for your valuable info!