+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Upfront medical for new born

Major40000

Nov 23, 2018
hi I’m writing to get some help. My wife applied for PR August 2017 and she was requested to do medicals in November 2017, however, she just gave birth that November so she did the medicals.
We inform CIC about the new born and requested docs were submitted they November except her passport.
We finally got her passport in March 2018 and was submitted as well.
June 2018 CIC requested the new born documents for the second time and we did submitted the docs.
October 2018 CIC wrote a letter that all the docs are fine now.
The worry is that medical expired 13 Nov 2018. Should I wait for immigration to request another medical or I can do medical and submit?
New born medical has never been requested so if I should do any medicals now it should be upfront for the new born.
Any recommendation?

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
you can't just go do medical....wait for IRCC to decide if your wife needs to re-do medical.....don't do any medical unless requested by IRCC.

if the sponsor is a Canadian citizen by birth or naturalization......your newborn is a citizen and not eligible to be issued a visa and will not be required to do medical exam.

However, if the sponsor is a PR in Canada....make sure the newborn was added as an accompanying dependent to the sponsorship and examined before mother lands as PR in Canada.....and PR visa is issued to newborn to allow newborn travel with the mother.

Major40000

Nov 23, 2018
Thanks for the reply. At the time of birth the father wasn’t citizen although the father is citizen now. So I will just exercise some wait until the medicals are requested.

Thanks once more

muhammadanas1987

Star Member
Apr 11, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello members,

I just received an email from CIO-Sydney regarding addition of my new-born child to my spousal sponsorship application. They have asked for

1. receipt of payment $150 (already paid)
2. Proof of undergoing medical examination (But they haven't sent me a medical request letter in the name of my dependant.)
3. Any additional documents required specific to country of residence.

Can I do upfront medical for my baby? without a medical request letter from CIC?

Major40000

Nov 23, 2018
Hello members,

I just received an email from CIO-Sydney regarding addition of my new-born child to my spousal sponsorship application. They have asked for

1. receipt of payment $150 (already paid)
2. Proof of undergoing medical examination (But they haven't sent me a medical request letter in the name of my dependant.)
3. Any additional documents required specific to country of residence.

Can I do upfront medical for my baby? without a medical request letter from CIC?
Just wait for immigration to request the medicals and advised please make sure you send all documentations by post do not rely on the web form. Make sure you submit both web form and regular mail to be on safe side