App. Filed.......
16-05-2017
AOR Received.
16-05-2017
IELTS Request
upfront
File Transfer...
IP1-29-06-2017
Just pick the Sydney, Nova Scotia address. It won't matter. Also this question has nothing to do with medicals.

Thanks a lot,sorry for the diversion.

Now about medicals from my understanding for EE FSW ,it is upfront and the class is NON-EDE WORKER right?

rkhan15

Star Member
Jul 19, 2016
I've received an ITA and planning on doing medical in USA for myself, however, my family(wife and infant) is back home and I will have them do their medicals there. My question is should they choose non-ede worker for themselves as well or is it something else since their immigration is based on me being the principal applicant. Would they be in family category?

Thanks.

papibol

Apr 4, 2017
Hello,

I got my ITA back in Jan 2017, and I submitted my application in Jan 24 2017.
Today I got an update that my upgront medical exam has been reviewed and passed.
But the rest of the application is still under review.

My work permit is expiring in 120 days.
My employer is suggesting me to apply for bridging work permit soon. I know the safest way is to apply and pay for the fees.
I am just wondering, for those who had been in my scenario before:
- how long does it take to get PR card after your upfront medical exam is approved?
- how long does it take to get briding work permit? Would you apply now if you were me?

Any suggestion is very welcome. Thanks.

sami.hyd2460

Dec 2, 2016
kryt0n said:
Today me and my family went to the CIC listed medical clinic for undergoing medical (under Express Entry). They have taken the medical for my wife as a main applicant (using e-medical system) under “Worker” class/category. Kindly confirm if this is the right procedure. Then when I asked for medical for me and my children (as dependent) the nurse tried creating the e-medical profile using the “Family EDE” class/category. But it was not allowing to create and was showing the error saying that as per the new rules implemented from March 2017 the upfront medical for family EDE cannot be done. Can you please let me know if this is true.

sami.hyd2460

Dec 2, 2016
Today me and my family went to the CIC listed medical clinic for undergoing medical (under Express Entry). They have taken the medical for my wife as a main applicant (using e-medical system) under “Worker” class/category. Kindly confirm if this is the right procedure. Then when I asked for medical for me and my children (as dependent) the nurse tried creating the e-medical profile using the “Family EDE” class/category. But it was not allowing to create and was showing the error saying that as per the new rules implemented from March 2017 the upfront medical for family EDE cannot be done. Can you please let me know if this is true.

nokia3315

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You get IPS (which you need to upload) on the same day of appointment.The medical is over same day of appointment (unless you have medical issues & doctor asks for more tests)

What to remember for appointment
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/few-doubts-before-i-book-upfront-medical-t483265.0.html

For costs
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/upfront-medical-cost-in-india-april-2017-t487613.15.html

What happens in medicals
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/what-actually-happens-in-upfront-medicals-t488508.0.html;msg5976318#msg5976318

mane029

Oct 6, 2016
Category........
FAM
QUOTE="nthuynh, post: 5655362, member: 218821"]Hello everyone
I got an upfront medical exam for my study permit 3 months ago (type NON EDE STUDENT). I wonder if i can use that information sheet as medical check when submitting my Permanent Resident Application. I read and compare 2 procedure of medical check for temporary and permanent resident but I don't see anything different, apart from the tittle
As you mentioned above, doctor can choose either WORKER or FAMILY as type of examination. Can we use STUDENT as well?
It will be a waste of time and money to retake that medical exam :(
Thank you for your advice[/QUOTE

Hi, Were you able to use the same medical? I recently did my medical for Family sponsorship and am also in the pool for EE can I use the same medical?

mane029

Oct 6, 2016
Category........
FAM
Hi, Were you able to use the same medical? I recently did my medical for Family sponsorship and am also in the pool for EE can I use the same medical? m also in the pool for EE can I use the same medical?

akash005

Apr 19, 2016
Toronto
Is it possible to do medical and submit the receipt after I got the AOR??. I submitted e medical receipt from last year may, for my application . medical tests has expired as it just became 12 months old.

pino1130

Star Member
May 22, 2017
dear all,
I've done the medical today, know that they won't let us know the result. Do you know what kind of disease or phenomenon might cause rejection? Thank guys!

deba

Mar 16, 2013
I received ITA and need to submit Express Entry application. Is medical check mandatory during submission of Express Entry application or can i wait for Canada Immigration decision to ask for medical? I know CIC mentions 2 options available, and not submitting along with application may delay the process. However, I wanted to keep options open if Express Entry applicants can submit medical after or not?

rekhabishop

Star Member
Jun 19, 2017
Hi,

I got my medical done on Friday and they mentioned my upfront emedical type :"WORKER" . Is that okay? Should it be something else for Express entry? Since, a lot of people (from all categories: work permit, student visa , EE) come there, I just want to be sure that they've not presumed my visa type.