Upfront medical exams for Express Entry

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jasmohra said:
Hi,

I hope someone can share his/her thoughts on this.
I called up a physician for appointment and she asked me what classification was going to be mine. She said there were four of them-
Family;student; worker; visitor
She also said that as per communication received by them in dec2016, the cic has directed them not to do upfront medical exams for family class.
I am not sure what is this classification all about. I explained to her that it was EE (CEC ). But she could not get the point and insisted that their system only recognizes the four classifications.
Please advise.

Thanks
J
NON-EDE - Worker

kimmy Jin

Nov 27, 2016
Hi Everyone,
When I did my up-front medical after I have my ITA the clinic was having trouble deciding which class to put me under. If they select PR then they need a UMI number which I do not have because CIC did not provide me with the form (that's the old system). In order to proceed the registration without UMI, the clinic was forced to select family, worker or student or visitor. My case is, my work permit gets expired while waiting for my ITA, and I changed my status to visitor record, so, which category I should choose? The doctor suggested me to choose worker and I did what she told me, well, is that ok?

vzoo

Star Member
Feb 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kimmy Jin said:
Hi Everyone,
When I did my up-front medical after I have my ITA the clinic was having trouble deciding which class to put me under. If they select PR then they need a UMI number which I do not have because CIC did not provide me with the form (that's the old system). In order to proceed the registration without UMI, the clinic was forced to select family, worker or student or visitor. My case is, my work permit gets expired while waiting for my ITA, and I changed my status to visitor record, so, which category I should choose? The doctor suggested me to choose worker and I did what she told me, well, is that ok?
I think so. My guess is with UMI, the result automatically linked to the application, while now they hire someone to link it manually for up-front ME results.

DAKSH1111

May 19, 2016
Hi,

Can anybody confirm UNDER WHICH category should we get our medical done?

I am facing same issue. Received ITA FOR PR under FSW. When I went for medical they asked them to perform medical for PR, they refused saying that I don't have IME NUMber. So they gave me 3 options

1 worker
2. Visitor
3. Student

UNDER non ede

Can somebody please guide if it is fine to get it done for worker. But I read somewhere that it for temporary visa. But the invitation is for PR. Really confusing.

Can somebody guide please

chonji1226

Star Member
Nov 26, 2016
During the upfront medical exam, does the physician tell you anything if they find something wrong in the test results?

IMMIGRANT2017

Mar 5, 2017
Hi guys,
Please help me! Last year I received an ITA in January, and submitted my application. However, due to the lawyer's blunder( not uploading the original Police report), the application was rejected. Then I myself created a new profile last March. In this January, we received a new ITA but when we wanted to take a new medical exam, we understood that the one from the last year was still valid( until the end of this February). Today, we went there again to do the tests, but found out that it is not still possible for the doctor to create our page, as the last one , despite being expired, is still there!!!
what should I do now? how is it possible to remove it? or should I go ahead and submit with this expired one?

ybhypnotic

Jan 4, 2017
nthuynh said:
Hello everyone
I got an upfront medical exam for my study permit 3 months ago (type NON EDE STUDENT). I wonder if i can use that information sheet as medical check when submitting my Permanent Resident Application. I read and compare 2 procedure of medical check for temporary and permanent resident but I don't see anything different, apart from the tittle
As you mentioned above, doctor can choose either WORKER or FAMILY as type of examination. Can we use STUDENT as well?
It will be a waste of time and money to retake that medical exam :(
Thank you for your advice
Hey Nthuynh,

I am in similar situation as you. How did you proceed with your medical? Your experience would be of great guidance to me. Please share the way forward.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
IMMIGRANT2017 said:
Hi guys,
Please help me! Last year I received an ITA in January, and submitted my application. However, due to the lawyer's blunder( not uploading the original Police report), the application was rejected. Then I myself created a new profile last March. In this January, we received a new ITA but when we wanted to take a new medical exam, we understood that the one from the last year was still valid( until the end of this February). Today, we went there again to do the tests, but found out that it is not still possible for the doctor to create our page, as the last one , despite being expired, is still there!!!
what should I do now? how is it possible to remove it? or should I go ahead and submit with this expired one?
What was the date you got your medicals done, sometimes the clinic uploads the report only a week or two after your medicals is done and that could be reason, the record still shows up in their system. Since you have 90 days to submit your eAPR, try for a medical appointment sometime later in the month.

karthik506

Apr 5, 2016
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
4011 & 4012
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-05-2017
AOR Received.
07-05-2017
I did medicals for my work permit in October, 2016. I received ITA last month and booked an appointment with my doctor for PR. However, i showed my medical certificate received on 13 October, 2016. She said, that is what she is going to give me again and I don't need to repeat it. Because, it is valid for 12 months. I checked with CIC agent. He told me that if CIC does not ask medical certificate obtain within particular period (let's say 6 months), certificate is good for one year. Thus, I submitted my application with the same certificate. I am waiting for progress update.

Conclusion : yes, upfront medical is acceptable. Thus, what I did to get work permit as well in October, 2016.

ybhypnotic

Jan 4, 2017
karthik506 said:
I did medicals for my work permit in October, 2016. I received ITA last month and booked an appointment with my doctor for PR. However, i showed my medical certificate received on 13 October, 2016. She said, that is what she is going to give me again and I don't need to repeat it. Because, it is valid for 12 months. I checked with CIC agent. He told me that if CIC does not ask medical certificate obtain within particular period (let's say 6 months), certificate is good for one year. Thus, I submitted my application with the same certificate. I am waiting for progress update.

Conclusion : yes, upfront medical is acceptable. Thus, what I did to get work permit as well in October, 2016.
Karthik I have inboxed you PM. Could please help if possible.

varun2015

Feb 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is what i understood from my experience. I had some issues my medical and I have consulted various people and cic.

In past the medicals were request based, but in EE we are allowed to do upfront. if the request came from CIC the number will me IMEXXXXX and clinic will be able to see this request with IMM number in their system. In case of EE upfront medical clinic are generating the random number it starts with UMIXXXX. Few things to note.

Clinics who are not aware of EE upfront system sometimes say they don't have request (IMEnumber generated) for the person in their system, we need to tell them they need to assign a random UMI number.

Clinics can only generate UMI random number once (aginst a passport#). Hence you cannot do another medical with-in a year. You can only do another medical (in case it is expiring during PPR) if it is requested and the request (IMEXXX) should come from CIC/VO. If you medicals are expiring soon raise a cse to get the request in system from CIC/VO.

Reactions: Beenish_j

Realme

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
nigeria
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
16-05-2017
AOR Received.
16-05-2017
IELTS Request
upfront
File Transfer...
IP1-29-06-2017
Hi friends,

Got my ITA last month and sent a request to former employer for to whom it may concern but they said they need an address.

They said they don't issue to whom it may concern,searched CIC but saw a case processing centre address.

Is this OK?

can someone please help with where the reference letter should be addressed to.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Realme said:
Hi friends,

Got my ITA last month and sent a request to former employer for to whom it may concern but they said they need an address.

They said they don't issue to whom it may concern,searched CIC but saw a case processing centre address.

Is this OK?

can someone please help with where the reference letter should be addressed to.
Just pick the Sydney, Nova Scotia address. It won't matter. Also this question has nothing to do with medicals.