Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
13-11-2015
Yeah, in the 2015 instructions, no indication is made with respect to the type of immigrant who can do an upfront medical. Therefore it's safe to assume that all potential immigrants may do it upfront.

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
YamPower said:
Yeah, in the 2015 instructions, no indication is made with respect to the type of immigrant who can do an upfront medical. Therefore it's safe to assume that all potential immigrants may do it upfront.
I wouldn't assume that at all. It clearly states that you should check the application guides to see which classes should do them. That seems to imply that only certain classes can do the upfront examine.

ngelsa

Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 18, 2015 (EE) / Sept 18, 2014 (PNP)
Doc's Request.
May 4, 2015 (EE) / June 11, 2015 (PNP)
Nomination.....
Sept 12, 2014 (SINP)
AOR Received.
Feb 18, 2015 (EE) / Feb 16, 2015 (PNP)
IELTS Request
CELPIP submitted with both EE and PNP applications
Med's Request
March 6, 2015 (PNP)
Med's Done....
Feb 6, 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Jul 15, 2015 (EE)
LANDED..........
Aug 26, 2015 (EE)
Personal experience:
The e-Medical System is not up-to-date with this new Express Entry. When I did my up-front medical after I have my ITA the clinic was having trouble deciding which class to put me under. If they select PR then they need a UMI number which I do not have because CIC did not provide me with the form (that's the old system). In order to proceed the registration without UMI, the clinic was forced to select family, worker or student.

Thus, after you choose a class just write a cover letter to include in your medical exam form that you will upload and explain to CIC why you choose this particular class. I got my medical done on Feb 6. Hopefully the e-Medical system is updated now.

Olrdude

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
YamPower said:
The information is not clear because CIC has contradicted itself.

This was taken from the CIC site (Page Updated in 2010)
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/jamaica-jamaique/visas/medical-medicaux.aspx?view=d&lang=eng

Can I have a medical exam done in advance to speed up my application?

No. Unless you are being sponsored as a spouse, partner or dependent child, do not initiate any medical tests until you receive instructions and a personalized medical form from this office. Only original forms stamped by the visa office and indicating a valid file number will be accepted by Designated Medical Practitioners. We cannot issue medical instructions or forms until we have received your complete application.

Your examination results are only valid for 12 months from the date of your initial examination. If you are not admitted to Canada within this time, you will be required to undergo another0medical examination.

And this also came from CIC (Page updated in 2015) http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-perm.asp

There are two ways you can have an immigration medical exam, depending on your immigration category

Wait for instructions once you have submitted your application
Undergo your exam before you submit your application (Required for certain categories: see your application guide)
This is called an up front medical exam.

You can contact a panel physician directly to get your medical exam.

Once your medical exam has been completed, the doctor will give you a document confirming that you underwent a medical exam. You must include a copy of that document with your application.

If the doctor works with the eMedical electronic system:

they will give you an up-front medical notification printout.
If the doctor works with a paper system:

they will give you a copy of the IMM 1017B Upfront Medical Report form.
You must attach that form to your application before you submit it to the visa office. If you apply online, you must upload that form before you can submit your application.
Yet another contradiction:

You will also need
1. Medical exams

Do not complete any medical exam until you get an Invitation to Apply.
Updated: 2015-03-25

Source: (can't post links to the forum yet) cic dot gc dot ca slash english/immigrate/skilled/apply-how.asp

nez18

Apr 1, 2015
You will also need
1. Medical exams

Do not complete any medical exam until you get an Invitation to Apply. You must have a medical exam before you can become a permanent resident. Your family members must also have one, even if they are not coming with you.

We will not approve your permanent resident application if your health:

is a danger to Canada’s public health or safety, or
would cause too much demand on health or social services in Canada.

When the panel physician completes the medical exam, they will either give you an information printout sheet, or an IMM 1017B Upfront Medical Report form. You must provide a copy the document they gave you when you apply online.

Note: the results of your exam are only valid for 12 months. If we approve your application, but you do not come to Canada as a permanent resident during those 12 months, you may need to have another exam. For this reason, it is a good idea to complete the exam as close as possible to the date you submit your online application.

Source: CIC-Apply with ITA-Medical Exam (can't post the link for some reason)

dukhi

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2013
When i went for medical in toronto doctor didnt had any clue about express entry application..so they said we will treat it as an upfront medical exam...and they gave me the emedical receipt....

SAJ_ee2015

Jul 4, 2015
dukhi said:
When i went for medical in toronto doctor didnt had any clue about express entry application..so they said we will treat it as an upfront medical exam...and they gave me the emedical receipt....
Hey in your medical report, what is mentioned as client visa type? Visitor or worker?

chouchou959

Apr 8, 2015
I had my medical done under family category. I read somewhere on this forum that worker category also works for EE upfront medical.

I asked the nurse at the clinic she said the exams you need to go through are the same for both categories, but then ‘family’ is for immigration and ‘worker’ is for temporary stay. Not sure if her info is entirely accurate but of course i went for immigration purpose.

The timing of the medical is not relevant, as it is treated as UPFRONT in their e-medical system all the same (no UMI), no matter you do it AFTER or BEFORE ita. But bear in mind date of your medical will affect
1. the expiry date on your landing paper
2. the validity of the medical exam itself (1yr)
so give it a good thought and estimate the length of the entire application before you actaully go for the exam.

This kind of question pops up every time after a big wave of ITAs. If you need info immediately suggest you search ‘medical’ as keyword. Loads of ppl have done this and most have got their PR.

Candiawenlove

Oct 10, 2013
Lamont,AB
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2015
Doc's Request.
03-25-2015- CELPIP copy
AOR Received.
23-03-2015
Med's Done....
03-17-2015
LANDED..........
Verysoon
has anyone here already passed on medical status and then change to not needed at this time?

ninahpot

Mar 12, 2016
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 27, 2016
AOR Received.
May 14, 2016
Med's Done....
March 4, 2016
Hello,

I want to seek some advice regarding sponsoring an undeclared child.

My husband went to Canada as a PR two years ago. He was single that time but we already have a child the time the application was processed. He did not declare me as his common-law partner as well as he did not declare our child as a dependent child.

Our child uses her father's surname. He came home in the Philippines last year and we got married in civil. Now he is about to sponsor me as his spouse.

The question is can my child may undergo for upfront medical?

workharder

Star Member
Sep 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ndvo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-16
Dear seniors-I have recently got ITA and need to do the medicals tomorrow.however my wife had a open hear surgery 25 years back so should we tell this to the physician or what should we do.will there be rejection if i do not disclose this.

what should i do in such a case

Thanks in advance Sad Sad

OzTraveller

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Australia
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-16
Doc's Request.
21-09-16
AOR Received.
16-06-16
Med's Done....
18-06-16
I would think the most important thing to have in mind is the validity of the medical test. To do it after you have an ITA will give you more confidence that your medical would still be valid by the time CIC reaches a decision. My two cents...

chonji1226

Star Member
Nov 26, 2016
Can I just clarify, did you do the medical exam right after you got the ITA? Without waiting for medical instructions from CIC?

I will be applying under CEC and I would just like to know if I can do upfront medical exam.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chonji1226 said:
Can I just clarify, did you do the medical exam right after you got the ITA? Without waiting for medical instructions from CIC?

I will be applying under CEC and I would just like to know if I can do upfront medical exam.
No such thing anymore. You can do the medicals at any time as long as your clinic doesn't require your letter of invitation.