File Transfer...
-
Med's Request
-
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
23-06-2017
Question are EE Candidates affected with http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1322

Or
When you go to the:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1322

Also shows you about Get your exam before you submit your application (upfront medical exam)
Where it states

Are you applying to sponsor your spouse, partner or child?

A new application process for the spousal sponsorship program came into effect on December 15, 2016. Upfront medical exams are no longer needed for spouses, partners or dependent children. To help avoid delays in processing, wait for our instructions before going for your medical exam.
Find more information on what to do for your medical exam.

Does anyone know if EE applicants are also affected?

OMG_Chakromakro

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thats interesting , wondering what CIC is upto now with the medicals . :'( :'( i think its just for those who are sponsoring their spouse/child/family.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
The link clearly states spousal application package. I think it is for those who are applying as spouses of permanent residents or Canadian citizens. I had read an update stating that the medical would be amended for spouses to cut processing time from 18 months to 12 months.

Nicotugz

Jun 26, 2016
Canada
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-03-2017
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
21-03-2017
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
-
Med's Request
-
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
23-06-2017
xpressentry said:
The link clearly states spousal application package. I think it is for those who are applying as spouses of permanent residents or Canadian citizens. I had read an update stating that the medical would be amended for spouses to cut processing time from 18 months to 12 months.
I understand but it's best to ask right now than be surprised later. I too thought the same but i was just wondering if it affects EE applicants.

dan_and said:
Spousal / family sponsorship does not have anything to do with Express Entry. Under EE, you can include your spouse in the application and they will become PR with you.

Family sponsorship is for people who are already a PR or citizen and want to now help a family member become a PR.

Under EE, everyone listed on the application still needs an upfront medical examination. Upfront = After ITA, but before you submit your application.
Understood.

If anyone else has input definitely leave a reply, others might wonder the same. Thanks again!