+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Upfront medical before ITA

Anaysa

Star Member
Jun 5, 2020
Any idea on how it works to get medical exam done before ITA. With such long delays due to covid I was thinking if it is a good idea to prepare in advance. Any advice on how to get it done?
Thanks

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Thanks for replying.
Dont they need any document asking for the purpose?
Just tell them it is an upfront medical for immigration (Permanent Residency)

They will give you an info sheet after the medical (make sure to ask for it). You upload the scan of that info sheet in your Express Entry profile to prove you did the medical. The panel physician will send the medical results directly to IRCC.

pulkitkumar190

Jan 28, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
If you are in Toronto go with visadoctor.ca, I got my appointment in 2 days, and medical was done in 1-2 hours

Anaysa

Star Member
Jun 5, 2020
Unfortunately, I dont stay there. I am in Alberta. But I am still unsure if its ok to do upfront (as it adds on to the document) or should I just wait for ita. Also, I havent made my express entry profile yet. I will make it in december. I just wanted to be prepared to avoid delays as everything is running slow now due to covid. Any advice?

hustler751

Star Member
Sep 9, 2020
Unfortunately, I dont stay there. I am in Alberta. But I am still unsure if its ok to do upfront (as it adds on to the document) or should I just wait for ita. Also, I havent made my express entry profile yet. I will make it in december. I just wanted to be prepared to avoid delays as everything is running slow now due to covid. Any advice?
Hi, I am in the same boat as you. Is it better to wait for ITA or do it before ITA ? also, how much is its validity. Can you please give your input ?

Reactions: Anaysa

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
IT IS okay to. You don't need any document from IRCC to perform an UPFRONT medical exam, that is why it is called 'UPFRONT'.

I got mine done about 2-3 weeks before even submitting my profile and getting my ITA, all you need is to find a physician and bring your passport.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi, I am in the same boat as you. Is it better to wait for ITA or do it before ITA ? also, how much is its validity. Can you please give your input ?
There is no better or worse. Validity is one year, so it is of course better to plan to have it done at around the time you'd be expecting to get your ITA. It might be a bad idea to do it 6 months in advance, but doing it a couple weeks before will probably save you some time down the road.

Reactions: hustler751