+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Upfront medical after applying for the visa

ismailel

Star Member
Dec 29, 2018
Agadir, Morocco
Is it okay if I still get an upfront medical 2 weeks after applying for my study permit? It takes few weeks to get a medical appointment in my country, so I thought it would be a good thing to have the medical exam done even after submitting my visa application (paper application).

Would I be wasting time and money by going this route, I mean like I would have to redo the exam or something similar? I just thought it would be a good thing to avoid any unnecessary delays when I get asked to submit my medical exam report and I'd have to wait 4 weeks just to get an appointment for it.

Regards.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
You wont be able to submit an upfront medical results at this point, as it needs to be submitted with the application. You could try sending it via webform but thats hit/miss.

Maxsharma12

Jun 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is it okay if I still get an upfront medical 2 weeks after applying for my study permit? It takes few weeks to get a medical appointment in my country, so I thought it would be a good thing to have the medical exam done even after submitting my visa application (paper application).

Would I be wasting time and money by going this route, I mean like I would have to redo the exam or something similar? I just thought it would be a good thing to avoid any unnecessary delays when I get asked to submit my medical exam report and I'd have to wait 4 weeks just to get an appointment for it.

Regards.
Hi there,

You may send your medical result sheet via Web form. Make sure to include the following lines in Web Form Request.

"Please upload this additional document for my medical exam and attach it to my application."

Since your application was paper based, you might need to wait untill you link your application to an online account. Rest, try using the web form to see. you will get a response from the agent in 5 to 7 working days.

Web form link : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

Once on website, click on"tell us more" and follow the steps.

ismailel

Star Member
Dec 29, 2018
Agadir, Morocco
Thank you!

You wont be able to submit an upfront medical results at this point, as it needs to be submitted with the application. You could try sending it via webform but thats hit/miss.
Appreciate for your input. I believe it'll be a hit because the processing times indicate 11 weeks now in my country, so there will be plenty time to make such adjustment in the application. Thanks very much!

ismailel

Star Member
Dec 29, 2018
Agadir, Morocco
Hi there,

You may send your medical result sheet via Web form. Make sure to include the following lines in Web Form Request.

"Please upload this additional document for my medical exam and attach it to my application."

Since your application was paper based, you might need to wait untill you link your application to an online account. Rest, try using the web form to see. you will get a response from the agent in 5 to 7 working days.

Web form link : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

Once on website, click on"tell us more" and follow the steps.
Noted. I'll do exactly this. I've refined my search keywords in the forums yesterday and found your answer to a similar thread, where OP was able to update their application with the medical sheet.

TYVM!

Laurene David

Jan 24, 2022
hello guys. I am planning to do this as well, to proceed with my Medical Exam (after submitting Application), without a medical request from IRCC.

has anybody got their visa approved with this practice?