+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Updating the EE Profile?

akila868

Jul 25, 2017
Hi all,

I have couple of concerns when updating the EE profile.

1. Do I need to fill the education section according to my Certificates/ Transcripts (HND and Degree) or should I use the details in the ECA report?
2. The institute in my Certificates are Edexcel (where as in the ECA it is BTEC) and the other is University of Wales Institute Cardiff (where as in the ECA it is University of Wales). What should I put in the EE?
3. The Full/ Complete Academic years for HND is 1.5 years (actual) but in ECA it is 2 years (cant put 1.5 in the EE form). For degree it is a top-up 1 years actual, but in ECA it is 4 years. What shall I put?
4. I cant remember the exact start and end months for both the qualifications (I know the qualification received month). Can I put the ones that I have put for the WES application form?
5. Both qualifications are from United Kingdom. But UK is not in the list now. And I actually did it from my home country not UK. What country should I put? England (London) for HND and Wales (Cardiff) for the other?

Kindly let me know what to do. Would be a great help. Thank you.

superspecial90

Aug 13, 2017
Hi all,

I have couple of concerns when updating the EE profile.

1. Do I need to fill the education section according to my Certificates/ Transcripts (HND and Degree) or should I use the details in the ECA report?
2. The institute in my Certificates are Edexcel (where as in the ECA it is BTEC) and the other is University of Wales Institute Cardiff (where as in the ECA it is University of Wales). What should I put in the EE?
3. The Full/ Complete Academic years for HND is 1.5 years (actual) but in ECA it is 2 years (cant put 1.5 in the EE form). For degree it is a top-up 1 years actual, but in ECA it is 4 years. What shall I put?
4. I cant remember the exact start and end months for both the qualifications (I know the qualification received month). Can I put the ones that I have put for the WES application form?
5. Both qualifications are from United Kingdom. But UK is not in the list now. And I actually did it from my home country not UK. What country should I put? England (London) for HND and Wales (Cardiff) for the other?

Kindly let me know what to do. Would be a great help. Thank you.
1. Follow the ECA report.
2. Follow the ECA report.
3. Follow the ECA report.
4. Follow the ECA report.
5. If it was distance learning, put in England and mention that it was distance learning program.

CIC will use the ECA, they will not bother much about the details in your certificates as they would have been verified already by WES. But do not forget to upload all original certificates along with ECA report. Make a PDF will all certificates and ECA and upload all as one document.

Hope this helps!

Good luck!

Reactions: akila868

akila868

Jul 25, 2017
5. Do NOT use UK as the country of education. Use your home country. Follow these instructions from CIC for distance learning:

Applicants are instructed to indicate that their education was completed by correspondence by typing in brackets {by correspondence} on the same line as the education institution name found in the Education Background Information tab of GCMS.​

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp
Thank u friend. But my ECA states as United Kingdom. Still do i need to put my home country. So should the institution be the foreign university/ institute or the one that i did my studies in home country.

akila868

Jul 25, 2017
@superspecial90. Thank you very much friend.

So.i need to upload the ECA & certificates when making the EE profile too? I only have a electronic copy of the ECA. Did not get the hard copy yet. Can i still use this?

superspecial90

Aug 13, 2017
@superspecial90. Thank you very much friend.

So.i need to upload the ECA & certificates when making the EE profile too? I only have a electronic copy of the ECA. Did not get the hard copy yet. Can i still use this?
No, you do not need to upload any document while creating EE profile. Just use the dates/numbers/information from the ECA report. Once you get an ITA, you will have to upload all of those documents.

Reactions: akila868

akila868

Jul 25, 2017
Your home country. This is where you were physically at. Explain that in the LOE. Some people here were rejected due to missing PCC from the country of study although it was distance learning only because they didn't use home country as the country of study.
Thank you friend.

rami2018

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
Has any one got there ECA done for HND (Higher National Diploma) done via local institute and BSc (To Up) via distance learning? Also which is better to get the ECA done - WES or IQAS?

Any advise/clarifications would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Heshan Perera

Sep 6, 2018
@rami2018 Hi
Did you get your ECA for the HND?

i also got an International Advanced Diploma (same as HND NQF Level 5 ) from BMS (a local institute). I heard that WES states all local institutes as unrecognized institutions in ECA reports and IRCC wont accept that type of credentials.

rami2018

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
@rami2018 Hi
Did you get your ECA for the HND?

i also got an International Advanced Diploma (same as HND NQF Level 5 ) from BMS (a local institute). I heard that WES states all local institutes as unrecognized institutions in ECA reports and IRCC wont accept that type of credentials.

Hi,

I did my HND at a local institute but it was offered from Edexcel then/now Pearson. Is your International Advanced Diploma from BMS? Have you done BSc after that?

Heshan Perera

Sep 6, 2018
Hi,

I did my HND at a local institute but it was offered from Edexcel then/now Pearson. Is your International Advanced Diploma from BMS? Have you done BSc after that?
@rami2018
then it wont be a problem mate. since it was given by Edexcel your ECA institute will be BTEC and you can request Pearson to send the transcripts.

but in my case the diploma was solely given by BMS like the diploma given by ACBT for the first two years of the degree. so my institute is BMS and i have to send my transcripts from BMS. worst part is WES doesn't recognize BMS as a recognized institution and IRCC wont accept that kind of ECA.

I'm trying to figure out what can i do to get a positive ECA for my diploma. any idea?

rami2018

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
@rami2018
then it wont be a problem mate. since it was given by Edexcel your ECA institute will be BTEC and you can request Pearson to send the transcripts.

but in my case the diploma was solely given by BMS like the diploma given by ACBT for the first two years of the degree. so my institute is BMS and i have to send my transcripts from BMS. worst part is WES doesn't recognize BMS as a recognized institution and IRCC wont accept that kind of ECA.

I'm trying to figure out what can i do to get a positive ECA for my diploma. any idea?

Have you checked with IQAS? Where did you do your top up from?

Heshan Perera

Sep 6, 2018
Have you checked with IQAS? Where did you do your top up from?
@rami2018

I did the top-up at BMS as well. WES ECA recognizes Northumbria University top-up BSc as a four year BSc in Canada :D. I spoke to BMS and they are trying to get a Pearson assurance certificate for the diploma. If it is possible i can get the WES ECA for the diploma as well by sending the pearson transcripts. with two credentials my CRS score will be 510.

i didn't try IQAS because it takes too long for an assessment. did you do your ECA with IQAS?