+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Updating NOC from 2173 to 2283 after ITA

bbn

Oct 16, 2016
Hello Seniors,

I am a software test engineer with 10 years of experience. My EE profile was created with NOC 2173 and received an ITA on April 13th draw. Now when I compare my experience letters with the NOC job duties, I realize that my job duties match mostly with NOC 2283. I am wondering if it is safe to update my NOC from 2173 to 2283 before submitting the e-apr.

1. Has anyone done this before? Will changing the NOC after ITA have any adverse impact on my application?

2. If I need to update the NOC, should I update the NOC in job bank first and then EE profile or EE profile first followed by job bank? (I heard of some instances where profile became ineligible after updating NOC/other fields. So I am a bit worried.)

3. As 2173 falls in category A and 2283 falls in category B, will there be any drop in points because of NOC change? (I have 423 points only and the draw cut off was also 423. So I can't afford to loose any points)

4. In my EE work experience details, I mentioned my current job as well (From Aug 2015). But I cannot get a detail experience letter with duties from my current employer. Is there a chance CIC ask for a details experience letter from my current employer as well? I have more than 8 years of experience excluding my current job and have experience letters with duties from my previous employers. Will that be sufficient?

Any guidance is greatly appreciated. Thanks

romeo2529

Star Member
Jun 18, 2016
You can change your NOC code as long as your points arent getting affected. I have done mine but my application is still under process ( only medical pass). But i ave discussed with some people, PR holders, and they say that it is safe to change NOC code if you are fswo

romeo2529

Star Member
Jun 18, 2016
your answer to q2and 3: not 100% sure on this but points are maxed after 3 years of experience. Your experience can have multiple NOCs too but primary NOC should just be one. You can have 3 yrs experience in NOC A, 3 in NOC B and so on but your primary NOC can only be either A, B or C
Q4: Advisable to get it. If not then you need to attach a proof as to why the company is not issuing it (ex. email from HR) then try getting it on a paper from your manager and attach his/her business card