+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Updating Marital Status after AOR

Karthik_Mohan

Apr 23, 2020
Mine and my fiance's AOR was in October 2019. My fiance and I applied as independent applicants and then our marital status changed in Jan 2020. We have not yet gotten our PR approved. It has been past 6 months and our application shows 100% but based on our web form query, they have told us that it is delayed due to covid.

Since we are independent applicants, how do we go about updating our marital status now since there is no primary applicant as such. Should we even update them until we get the PR approval?

Please advice.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Mine and my fiance's AOR was in October 2019. My fiance and I applied as independent applicants and then our marital status changed in Jan 2020. We have not yet gotten our PR approved. It has been past 6 months and our application shows 100% but based on our web form query, they have told us that it is delayed due to covid.

Since we are independent applicants, how do we go about updating our marital status now since there is no primary applicant as such. Should we even update them until we get the PR approval?

Please advice.
You are supposed to let IRCC know about any change in marital status to avoid delays later.

You should use a web form to do this. If I were you I'd include your spouse's application details as well (UCI, application #, and copy of birth certificate) and your spouse should do exactly the same.

You are both main applicants of each of your PR applications.