+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Updating Driver's license address

berkcalg

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everybody,

My Driver's license was still showing my old address until last week. I moved 2 times but I never bothered myself to change the address on my driver's license. This week I update the Driver's license to the current address. On the other side, I already sent with my application the Photocopy of the driver's license with the old address. my question if this is could cause any issues during the interview when the officer will figure out that the Driver's license issued just recently and that the address on the copy sent different than the address on the Driver's license. Thank you so much for your help and for your so appreciate advise. Thanks.

stargazerlilly

Star Member
Sep 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
berkcalg said:
Hi everybody,

My Driver's license was still showing my old address until last week. I moved 2 times but I never bothered myself to change the address on my driver's license. This week I update the Driver's license to the current address. On the other side, I already sent with my application the Photocopy of the driver's license with the old address. my question if this is could cause any issues during the interview when the officer will figure out that the Driver's license issued just recently and that the address on the copy sent different than the address on the Driver's license. Thank you so much for your help and for your so appreciate advise. Thanks.
Hi,

It was never a problem with my application. I applied June 2015,moved to a new place January 2016....got a new DL in February 2016 with my new address. I became Canadian march 2016. I believe they know that people move a lot but one can choose to get a new DL every time you move but if one moves every year (or less than that),then would be too much hassle since a DL have validity of 5 years. I didn't even advise them of my move till at least a month before I got my oath letter......that's different story though. :eek: :eek: :eek:

berkcalg

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
stargazerlilly said:
Hi,

It was never a problem with my application. I applied June 2015,moved to a new place January 2016....got a new DL in February 2016 with my new address. I became Canadian march 2016. I believe they know that people move a lot but one can choose to get a new DL every time you move but if one moves every year (or less than that),then would be too much hassle since a DL have validity of 5 years. I didn't even advise them of my move till at least a month before I got my oath letter......that's different story though. :eek: :eek: :eek:
Thank you so much Stargazelilly.
Do you think if I wrote a letter to explain a situation and a different rent contracts and rent receipts and bring them with me the day of interview to show them to the officer, could be a good idea? Thanks

stargazerlilly

Star Member
Sep 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
berkcalg said:
Thank you so much Stargazelilly.
Do you think if I wrote a letter to explain a situation and a different rent contracts and rent receipts and bring them with me the day of interview to show them to the officer, could be a good idea? Thanks
It is....just in case they make a fuss out of it. I believe that it's better to be overly ready. Good luck!

berkcalg

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
stargazerlilly said:
It is....just in case they make a fuss out of it. I believe that it's better to be overly ready. Good luck!
Thank you so much Stargazerlilly.