+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Updating CIC about change to your status once your application is accepted

The pearl

Jan 22, 2015
Hi Guys!
I have a small query and i would appreciate if someone can help.
I applied for canadian immigration last year in Spetember and CIC sent me an acknowledgement of receipt of my application.
I sent an IELTS result with overall score of 8 with my application. However, after submitting my application I retook the IELTS test for some reason and got an overall score of 7 this time. Do I need to inform CIC about this new IELTS?
Both my IELTS tests are valid till 2016.

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
The pearl said:
Hi Guys!
I have a small query and i would appreciate if someone can help.
I applied for canadian immigration last year in Spetember and CIC sent me an acknowledgement of receipt of my application.
I sent an IELTS result with overall score of 8 with my application. However, after submitting my application I retook the IELTS test for some reason and got an overall score of 7 this time. Do I need to inform CIC about this new IELTS?
Both my IELTS tests are valid till 2016.
No you don't have to. Your first result is accepted by them.

The pearl

Jan 22, 2015
Hey,

Thanks for your reply!
I would have thought exactly the same until I recently went through the express entry visa scheme guidelines. They strictly say that an applicant must inform CIC if he takes a new IELTS test and his application will be rejected if he refrains from doing so.
I was a bit surprised to read this but I am also cautious now since the there has to be some logic behind this requirement. Otherwise they wouldn't have mentioned it so candidly.
Is there a number at which I can all from outside of Canada and talk to one of their immigration officers?