+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Updating application with spouse information

buffet96

Dec 27, 2019
Hello,
My CRS score is 453 before getting married. I got married a couple of months ago. However I did not update my CRS profile to reflect my marriage(In my profile it says: May 1, 2020 You meet the minimum entry criteria, but no ITA yet). Now I want to update the profile to reflect my marriage. Here are my questions:
1) Can I update it now?
2) If I update it to saying my spouse wants to accompany me to Canada then my score drops to 440 because she do not have ECA for here education but if she has that score will be 448. Any suggestions what we can do here?
3) If I choose to update profile to reflect my marriage and select spouse not accompanying me to Canada then my score stays at 453, then how in future my spouse can come to canada.

Thank you for your time.

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
I can answer two questions of yours:

2) If I update it to saying my spouse wants to accompany me to Canada then my score drops to 440 because she do not have ECA for here education but if she has that score will be 448. Any suggestions what we can do here?
If you decide to state that she will be accompanying you, you can get more points through ECA for her education and via her taking a language test. These things can improve your score.

3) If I choose to update profile to reflect my marriage and select spouse not accompanying me to Canada then my score stays at 453, then how in future my spouse can come to canada.
If you choose that option, you will be able to sponsor your spouse after you get PR. It takes a year on average. You can sponsor her when she is out of Canada (outland) or if she gets a TRV and comes to Canada (inland). These are different ways to sponsor your spouse.

Reactions: buffet96