+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

updates from CIC

salvatore270

Star Member
Dec 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I keep receiving email notifications from CIC that our applications - my study permit and my spouse's OWP - have been updates, YET no new messages are present AND the code number of our application are not the same as the ones they gave us when I submitted our apps :-X

what's happening?

almiar

Feb 20, 2015
Hi, I got the same email for update.
when have you submitted your applications?
Are you inside of Canada and did you apply for extension or new permits?
I submitted my study permit and my spouse's OWP on Feb 27th 2015. no update!!!

salvatore270 said:
I keep receiving email notifications from CIC that our applications - my study permit and my spouse's OWP - have been updates, YET no new messages are present AND the code number of our application are not the same as the ones they gave us when I submitted our apps :-X

what's happening?

yerik17

Apr 19, 2015
Hi, when did you submit your application? I only received "update" once. I submitted 4th April and got no response from then

hannahmay

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
Hamilton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Same happened to me on one occasion. I then received one "update" saying nothing had been updated some weeks later haha.

msh_ca

Star Member
Aug 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Actually those updates are good sign, they mean that your application is in process and it passes through different levels. You may get almost 4-5 of them during the process.

camani

Oct 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
salvatore270 said:

what's happening?
it means your aplication been reveived/in process and might be concluded anytime soon

salvatore270

Star Member
Dec 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nice!

so far I have received 5 updates for my Study Permit application and 2 updates for my spouse's OWP application since April 2.

As of today, 11 working days have passed!

aman singh

Oct 26, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2011
Med's Done....
20-03-2011
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2011
LANDED..........
28-04-2011
I used to get those updates too. It's an error from their side.
But here is the good thing.
After few days of getting such message.
I got another update of approval of my application.

Good Luck.