+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Updated Residence Address of Canada on Resume

psharma.np

Star Member
Apr 4, 2015
I updated my residence address of Canada on my resume and applied for a job. However, I have not yet moved to Canada. I have been invited for a telephone interview with the timeslot available in local time.

How do I respond to the email informing that I am not yet in Canada and would like to instead take the skype call ? Is it possible to get a Canadian number and receive a call on skype ? How has other members solve these kind of issues.

felixtae

Star Member
Sep 4, 2013
You can try Text Now. It gives you a Canadian number and you can call using the apps with Wifi. Quality of call varies though.

metallica.kyoto

Star Member
May 15, 2013
Hello Guys

I adopted the same strategy. I updated local address on my resume and bought a virtual number. It didn’t really work except I got one call and communication ended when they knew I was not in Canada.

Did anyone get success?

Regards

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
You can say that you are on a holiday and would be coming to Canada on __ date and would be available for an interview then.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
xpressentry said:
You can say that you are on a holiday and would be coming to Canada on __ date and would be available for an interview then.
Sounds like a good way to start a potential employer/employee relationship by sharing misleading info on physical location and would likely be shown the door at first opportunity if found out. Not many employers will wait long for anyone so putting a date on would need to be convincing that really are on vacation even if not like within a week.