+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Updated Fund requirement in June 2009! Provincial Nominee Instruction Guide!

Aliens3

Jul 9, 2009
nomad_musafir said:
koolchik said:
Honestly dont know what to say looking at that. Since based on those boxes, we dont even need work experience and education/training/qualification when we all know this is professional(h1b) category for Ainp and Ainp/CiC wont approve immigrant visa for people who dont have education, work and funds proof. Rest is our individual understanding and maybe someone who already applied and received can say better. 
wow... you don't seem to be as "kool" as your id would suggest.
here's an unsolicited advice - do not over-complicate matters. look at the boxes under P in the checklist and "only" submit what is required. however, if you feel a compelling need to submit proof of funds... go ahead - no one's stopping ya

also, cic does not need proof of "work experience and education/training/qualification" because alberta has already taken care of verifying this requirement when they "nominated" you, hence the name "Provincial Nominee", hence the different columns for FSW and PNP on the checklist.
I second that

AlbertaCitizen

Star Member
Apr 11, 2009
Aliens3 said:
nomad_musafir said:
koolchik said:
Honestly dont know what to say looking at that. Since based on those boxes, we dont even need work experience and education/training/qualification when we all know this is professional(h1b) category for Ainp and Ainp/CiC wont approve immigrant visa for people who dont have education, work and funds proof. Rest is our individual understanding and maybe someone who already applied and received can say better.
wow... you don't seem to be as "kool" as your id would suggest.
here's an unsolicited advice - do not over-complicate matters. look at the boxes under P in the checklist and "only" submit what is required. however, if you feel a compelling need to submit proof of funds... go ahead - no one's stopping ya

also, cic does not need proof of "work experience and education/training/qualification" because alberta has already taken care of verifying this requirement when they "nominated" you, hence the name "Provincial Nominee", hence the different columns for FSW and PNP on the checklist.
I second that
I think it will depend on Officer as Buffalo checklist is also authentic.

tessv106

Jan 13, 2009
If ur a Provincial nominee applying for PR,,then definitely u dont need proof of funds upon application. A freind of mine who applied for PR last feb. and got approved last month, didnt include any proof of funds in his application to Buffalo.

It was clear on the checklist that Provincial nominees are not required to submit any proof of funds in their PR application.

AlbertaCitizen

Star Member
Apr 11, 2009
tessv106 said:
If ur a Provincial nominee applying for PR,,then definitely u dont need proof of funds upon application. A freind of mine who applied for PR last feb. and got approved last month, didnt include any proof of funds in his application to Buffalo.

It was clear on the checklist that Provincial nominees are not required to submit any proof of funds in their PR application.
You said last feb means feb 2008 or feb 2009? Please clear? last feb means It took him 18 month to get approve?

koolchik

Star Member
Jun 16, 2009
tessv106 said:

Yes please clarify, Feb of 08 or 09 and when you say approved, you mean received nomination cert or PR? Thanks.

tessv106

Jan 13, 2009
He applied for PR last Feb. 2009, got his PR approval last month.His Provincial nominne certificate arrived last january 2009.

And again,,he didnt include proof of funds in his PR application to Buffalo.

Actually, if not for his case, i myself had doubts too,,but thank GOD, the approval of his PR application made it really clear to me. And this is good news for us.

So to everyone, GODSPEED

Manny

Dec 31, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, US
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 30, 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 25, 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 07, 2009 CIC App. Filed.: Mar 15, 2010
AOR Received.
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Request
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Done....
Jul 15, 2010 File transferred: Nov 10, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 15, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 23, 2010
LANDED..........
Apr 07, 2011
I may be a bit naive or conservative here. Irrespective of whether it is required to show funds availability or not, if one doesn't have the minimum funds CIC mentions below, how do we expect to survive in Canada if we dont get a job when we land? Especially as AINP applicants, having stayed in USA for a while, shouldnt we have saved at least some $$ to survive say for a few months atleast?

koolchik said:
Number of
Family Members Funds Required
(in Canadian dollars)
1 $10,833
2 $13,486
3 $16,580
4 $20,130
5 $22,831
6 $25,749
7 or more $28,668

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
Manny said:
I may be a bit naive or conservative here. Irrespective of whether it is required to show funds availability or not, if one doesn't have the minimum funds CIC mentions below, how do we expect to survive in Canada if we dont get a job when we land? Especially as AINP applicants, having stayed in USA for a while, shouldnt we have saved at least some $$ to survive say for a few months atleast?
While applying for CIC we do not need proof of funds. However, when entering Canada (Landing) we need to show these as this H1B stream is PR without job offer. Its logical though for FSW and PNP-H1B stream, Canada Gov wants to see the survivability of the entrant. Other Provincial nominee programs do not care about this as one will have a job offer or already working there.

And about savings "No comments" :). Yes as Manny says "we should have" but in my case "I don't have". I have loans as I had issued debt against academic capital. But seriously, yes I WILL have required funds when landing, whenever it happens.