+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Updated forms- please help

addictive_mate

Dec 7, 2009
Guys,

I just received signed forms from my parents in India and just saw IRCC have updated their forms? Do i have to ask them to fill them again? Please help! Its frustrating..

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
Guys,

I just received signed forms from my parents in India and just saw IRCC have updated their forms? Do i have to ask them to fill them again? Please help! Its frustrating..
It should be fine but IRCC always states to send the latest forms available at the moment and since you have not sent your application yet, it would be better if you did. If its a huge hassle, the grace period should cut you some slack but better to not give them an opportunity to return the file whatsoever. Rather wait out sending a little longer than have your application returned later. Your Call.

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
Thanks, is there anything in written on CIC website that confirms this ?
The new forms have no grace period notices but we know it because of past trends on when the application kit was updated. For instance, look at the link below. You’ll see that when the application was updated on Feb 14 2018, they gave a grace period for the previous versions until March 15 2018 (Written at the end).

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/application-kit-spousal-sponsorship.html

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
So if no grace period is given.. should i get them to print and sign new forms ?
Even if not mentioned, IRCC does accept old forms within 1 month of change of forms. You’ll be fine if it falls within the 1 month period, but like I suggested to the last guy asking, its always good to send the latest available forms to IRCC especially if there have been major updates to the forms.

Reactions: addictive_mate