+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Update - Parents Visitor Visa approved

Jeet2019

Jan 8, 2019
Hi,

I know a lot of us are in this process, this forum has been very useful to me & thus thought of sharing a quick update.

My Parents are in India and I am a Canadian PR - their Visitor visa application got rejected in the first week of March (pre COVID restrictions) on the ground of : Weaker ties in India and Purpose of Travel. Their actual reason of travel was my marriage, which was not indicated in the first application as we were still doing all our Venue bookings. In the second application, which I filed for them on 21st March 2020, I updated the reason for travel as my Marriage and provided some more documents to prove their ties back in India.

After the long wait, I finally sent an email to the COVID travel exemption team, saying that they are exempt from travel restrictions and also asking if we need to update our application as their travel dates were near + the marriage plan was now postponed to later this year.

After waiting for almost 4-5 weeks, I finally logged in today to see the approval email.

For all those waiting, I am very sure, your applications will be approved soon.

Iaminca

Star Member
Apr 2, 2020
Hi,

I know a lot of us are in this process, this forum has been very useful to me & thus thought of sharing a quick update.

My Parents are in India and I am a Canadian PR - their Visitor visa application got rejected in the first week of March (pre COVID restrictions) on the ground of : Weaker ties in India and Purpose of Travel. Their actual reason of travel was my marriage, which was not indicated in the first application as we were still doing all our Venue bookings. In the second application, which I filed for them on 21st March 2020, I updated the reason for travel as my Marriage and provided some more documents to prove their ties back in India.

After the long wait, I finally sent an email to the COVID travel exemption team, saying that they are exempt from travel restrictions and also asking if we need to update our application as their travel dates were near + the marriage plan was now postponed to later this year.

After waiting for almost 4-5 weeks, I finally logged in today to see the approval email.

Congratulation. Did you receive the passport request email or an information letter which says the visa is approved ?

Jeet2019

Jan 8, 2019
Congratulation. Did you receive the passport request email or an information letter which says the visa is approved ?
Just the approval letter in the account. I don't think Delhi office will issue a passport request now, considering our submission centre is Mumbai and VFS offices are closed. Plus, we are in no hurry to travel.

Anita6336

Star Member
Mar 2, 2015
Hi,

Hi, can you please tell me whats the email address for covid travel exemption team?

kgptl

Aug 11, 2020
Hi I am fm India. My son is Canada PR. I am filling online visitor visa. Pl guide me what document should I upload against PURPOSE OF TRAVEL