+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Update on Start up visa progress?

phonghnguyenn

Mar 12, 2020
Hello everyone,

So I have submitted my application for Start up visa, paper-based. My application arrived at CIO on May 14, 2020 (as shown on the tracking site by DHL). I have been waiting ever since and still havent received any email about file number.

I’m wondering if anyone is sharing the same delay?

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: pathCanada

Halem

Star Member
Oct 5, 2020

mamad611

Star Member
Mar 21, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
31-07-2020
Doc's Request.
Temp Application Number: 2021-01-25
AOR Received.
2022-09-20
Med's Request
2023-01-25
Med's Done....
2023-02-10
Agree. The lawyer said the same.
Hello everyone, I'm an entrepreneur that received LOS in Jun 2020 from MTA and sent full documents for PR to IRCC. It's frustrating time for us too. There is a significant delay on opening our paper-based packages. I heard from a lawyer that "employees of SUV section in IRCC were recognized as nonessential so firstly, our documents needs to scan and then they give us a file number.

I think we should have waiting and praying for vaccine.

TucoR

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
Hello everyone, I'm an entrepreneur that received LOS in Jun 2020 from MTA and sent full documents for PR to IRCC. It's frustrating time for us too. There is a significant delay on opening our paper-based packages. I heard from a lawyer that "employees of SUV section in IRCC were recognized as nonessential so firstly, our documents needs to scan and then they give us a file number.

Just curious, who is essential then?
Ok, at least we could earn $ in our local countries till we get into Canadian taxes :)

SUV_Unicorn_Potential

Star Member
Jun 26, 2020
Hello everyone,

So I have submitted my application for Start up visa, paper-based. My application arrived at CIO on May 14, 2020 (as shown on the tracking site by DHL). I have been waiting ever since and still havent received any email about file number.

I’m wondering if anyone is sharing the same delay?

Thanks in advance!
I sent in my paper application on April 14th. It arrived on 17th April at the IRCC offices.
They physically opened and scanned my application around mid-Oct (6months later!)

I was assigned a temporary file number, but my application has not yet been processed in the system so I can't link it to my online account.

Halem

Star Member
Oct 5, 2020
I sent in my paper application on April 14th. It arrived on 17th April at the IRCC offices.
They physically opened and scanned my application around mid-Oct (6months later!)

I was assigned a temporary file number, but my application has not yet been processed in the system so I can't link it to my online account.
This can be a good news that they started opening applications.

mamad611

Star Member
Mar 21, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
31-07-2020
Doc's Request.
Temp Application Number: 2021-01-25
AOR Received.
2022-09-20
Med's Request
2023-01-25
Med's Done....
2023-02-10
Just curious, who is essential then?
Ok, at least we could earn $ in our local countries till we get into Canadian taxes :)
I think many people who work in front-line in pandemic like health care .

tabs999

Nov 4, 2020

Hi,Is it MTA from winnipeg.If yes can you please share your email for discussion,as we got our acceptance from same incubator

Katty1386

Dec 20, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
App. Filed.......
01/05/2020
It's been 7 months since IRCC received my package but I still yet to receive a file number
Hi
I applied for the Startup Visa application in early May 2020 (in fact, my package of documents was delivered to the IRCC).
But so far no response has been sent to us by the IRCC. There has been a long delay so far and there is no clear prospect I do not know what strategy the IRCC has chosen for this.

tabs999

Nov 4, 2020
Hi
I applied for the Startup Visa application in early May 2020 (in fact, my package of documents was delivered to the IRCC).
But so far no response has been sent to us by the IRCC. There has been a long delay so far and there is no clear prospect I do not know what strategy the IRCC has chosen for this.
Hi ,Have you got now..what is the total time taken?Can you share your contact details.I am sailing in same boat