+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Update on Application: We are processing your Background checks

SUVApplicant

Star Member
Apr 13, 2019
hey All,

today i called the Automated IVR system and got a message, We are processing your Background checks. Never got this message in the last Eight month's time.

AOR is from Feb 2020.
ADR August 2020
MEP 5 August 2020
Newborn Documents and medical's given passed November 10 2020.

Does this update mean anything?

thanks

Reactions: ParuMani

PAINKILLER28

Jan 24, 2018
It's what we call a "ghost update", it means the visa officer is working on your case and updated your application status. It's a good thing.

Reactions: SUVApplicant

SUVApplicant

Star Member
Apr 13, 2019
I'm not an SUV applicant but we got DM after 3 ghost updates (MEP excluded) so good luck!
i am not even sure which ghost update is this one lol - i just randomly called IRCC to find out where the application is, been almost a year now. So thats why i got this message. Hope so, lets see what it means. Thanks anyway.

JaunRaza

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
UAE
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
12-08-2019
AOR Received.
12-08-1988
hey All,

today i called the Automated IVR system and got a message, We are processing your Background checks. Never got this message in the last Eight month's time.

AOR is from Feb 2020.
ADR August 2020
MEP 5 August 2020

thanks
it's FAST, when you sent your document and how you added new born into your application.? did you sent webform.? is not newborn exempted from medical.?

ParuMani

Star Member
Feb 23, 2020
hey All,

AOR is from Feb 2020.
ADR August 2020
MEP 5 August 2020

thanks
Wow.. My AOR is also in Feb 2020.. So far I got an ADR which because of covid and courier issues I have to resend 3 times and the last by webform attachment which was accepted.. 8 months and still waiting for a response..

Really Surprised that you got medical request..

SUVApplicant

Star Member
Apr 13, 2019
Wow.. My AOR is also in Feb 2020.. So far I got an ADR which because of covid and courier issues I have to resend 3 times and the last by webform attachment which was accepted.. 8 months and still waiting for a response..

Really Surprised that you got medical request..
WHy did you courier? I thik they are accepting everything online for now, due to covid.

Sunnyblue100

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
hey All,

AOR is from Feb 2020.
ADR August 2020
MEP 5 August 2020

thanks
Where you given a medical request or you did upfront medical, I will like to know where you are applying from thanks.

SUVApplicant

Star Member
Apr 13, 2019
Where you given a medical request or you did upfront medical, I will like to know where you are applying from thanks.
i went with upfront medicals and already held a valid work permit that i could not use to travel due to covid. For the newborn they requested medicals which we have already submitted two and a half months ago. It's almost 11 months now our application has been in process and the time back then was 12 months for SUB Applications which now has changed to 20 months.

I applied from Karachi, if that helps. :)

Softech111

Oct 9, 2019
i went with upfront medicals and already held a valid work permit that i could not use to travel due to covid. For the newborn they requested medicals which we have already submitted two and a half months ago. It's almost 11 months now our application has been in process and the time back then was 12 months for SUB Applications which now has changed to 20 months.

I applied from Karachi, if that helps. :)

Hi guys I have applied for PR and workpermit under the SUV program.

My workpermit recently got refused and I was given the following reason. Can someone shed some light on that and also will this have impact on my PR application.
Thank you.
@SUVApplicant I have sent you my WhatsApp number. Please check your inbox.

Thank you for your interest in working in Canada. After careful review of your work permit application and supporting documentation under the International Mobility Program, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
• I am not satisfied that the work would create or maintain significant benefit or opportunities for Canadians and therefore, you do not qualify for a C10 LMIA exempt work permit under section 205(a)
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.

SUVApplicant

Star Member
Apr 13, 2019
Hi guys I have applied for PR and workpermit under the SUV program.

My workpermit recently got refused and I was given the following reason. Can someone shed some light on that and also will this have impact on my PR application.
Thank you.
@SUVApplicant I have sent you my WhatsApp number. Please check your inbox.

Thank you for your interest in working in Canada. After careful review of your work permit application and supporting documentation under the International Mobility Program, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
• I am not satisfied that the work would create or maintain significant benefit or opportunities for Canadians and therefore, you do not qualify for a C10 LMIA exempt work permit under section 205(a)
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.
Hire a decent lawyer bud! i had the same issue was refused twice and got a lawyer on board and then got the WP Approved.