+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Update my spouse passport for permanent residence application

May 3, 2016
Hello team,

I've applied for permanent residence last year, my spouse also is included on the same application. At that time my spouse passport is valid, but she renewed it this month as the old one is expiring in next November, and our permanent residence still in process (We have the application ID since it's now on the myCIC account). The process is still to take 6 months minimum as a first estimation on the CIC account. Should we update the immigration center with the new passport, or we wait until they ask for it. If we should update them, should we use the form (We are applying from withing Quebec, Canada) ?

Thank you for your help in advance.

May 3, 2016
You are required to update it when you have a new passport. Use the webform.
Thank you again for the reply k.h.p.
I'm in the process to send the webform, but I've found two sections; the first concerning the Applicant information, and the second concerning the Enquirer Information. Is the Applicant information section distinated to my spouse information for this form ? She is a dependent of mine for the permanent residence application, and in the Enquirer Information section there is a field named "Relationship to applicant", where there are 3 choices "Applicant, Representative or Sponsor". Please advise me what item to select for this field, and what section concerns me as the main applicant for the residence permanent to fill for this IRCC Webform.

Thanks for the help.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
You're not the main applicant unless you're the non-Canadian being sponsored. Have her fill out the form and put her information in both places, as unless you filled out a representative form, you cannot represent her.

Reactions: OpenWorkPermit
May 3, 2016
You're not the main applicant unless you're the non-Canadian being sponsored. Have her fill out the form and put her information in both places, as unless you filled out a representative form, you cannot represent her.
Thank you for the clarification.