28-10-2016
Med's Request
06-04-2016
Med's Done....
08-04-2017
Passport Req..
08-05-2017
Hello Everyone,

Since two years, I was trying to get PR for Canada and after applying for SINP in Feb and after receiving Nomination two months back but need to change nomination document because after receiving Nomination my IELTS score got expired and which resulted in EE profile turning ineligible. Finally, after giving IELTS again and updating documents and all, I received my ITA today.

Now, my wife is 6 months pregnant. I checked online forums and found that if wife is pregnant, she cannot do a X-Ray and without which her medical will not be completed and which will stop her from getting PR.

I am just confused, If I should
1) Update CIC with my wife's pregnancy. If yes, then how to do it as I have received my ITA.
2) I should go ahead with my PR processing and then medical and leave for canada and then apply for my Wife and child.

Can anyone guide me on this ?
Thank you very much in advance.....

sjdhgfkl

Aug 22, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Seems to be quite complicated situation.

Maybe someone knowledgeable with this topic can answer this. If I were you I will call CIC express entry though. The people who answer phone calls have no authority deciding your application. So you can totally inquire their opinion about this without worrying about the outcome.

But it is required to update significant changes like this to CIC. I am curious why you missed the chance to update the pregnancy news to CIC when you updated your IELTS score.

As for X-ray, the purpose of the test is to screen tuberculosis (I made a big assumption here :p). And she definitely needs to go through many exams to ensure a safe pregnancy, right? Maybe some of her test results can be accepted as an equivalency as the X-ray. Talk to a doctor who does immigration physical exam to get more information.

You should check how it is gonna influence your CRS score though. If you get high enough points, this should not be a big problem I think.

BTW congrats on your baby!

mihirp83

Nov 8, 2014
Vadodara
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Delhi
Nomination.....
21-06-2016
AOR Received.
28-10-2016
Med's Request
06-04-2016
Med's Done....
08-04-2017
Passport Req..
08-05-2017
Thanks sjdhgfkl for updating and congratulating :)

I was not sure, If I had to update CIC about the pregnancy. I just knew that changes like change in passport, of baby is born or some other major changes only needs to be updated. It was never mentioned in documents I received or website that wife's pregnancy needs to be declared and is a significant change. Even, in EE account there is option to update that wife is expecting a baby.

I guess I could have updated CIC while updating IELTS score but I didnt thought of it that time...I will do that now. Let's see what they advice. X-Rays are not good for pregnant ladies so lets see what to do next or until someone who has gone through same updates here.....

Tocanadawego

Apr 19, 2015
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/10/2015
AOR Received.
06/10/2015
Med's Done....
12-12-2105
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
mihirp83 said:
Hello Everyone,

Since two years, I was trying to get PR for Canada and after applying for SINP in Feb and after receiving Nomination two months back but need to change nomination document because after receiving Nomination my IELTS score got expired and which resulted in EE profile turning ineligible. Finally, after giving IELTS again and updating documents and all, I received my ITA today.

Now, my wife is 6 months pregnant. I checked online forums and found that if wife is pregnant, she cannot do a X-Ray and without which her medical will not be completed and which will stop her from getting PR.

I am just confused, If I should
1) Update CIC with my wife's pregnancy. If yes, then how to do it as I have received my ITA.
2) I should go ahead with my PR processing and then medical and leave for canada and then apply for my Wife and child.

Can anyone guide me on this ?
Thank you very much in advance.....
You proceed with your application as normal, and both you and your wife get medicals done. She will NOT have an x-ray done. You can submit everything, and your medicals will not be passed until your wife gives birth and is able to get an x-ray. Definitely do not waste your ITA, and do not go the spousal sponsorship route. You are still eligible through Express Entry, but it will just take a bit longer since you'll have to wait for your baby to arrive, and until then your application will be on hold.

mihirp83

Nov 8, 2014
Vadodara
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Delhi
Nomination.....
21-06-2016
AOR Received.
28-10-2016
Med's Request
06-04-2016
Med's Done....
08-04-2017
Passport Req..
08-05-2017
@Tocanadawego - That was very simple and clear cut revert. Thanks a lot.
Just want to know that, after accepting ITA and while updating CIC with document checklist, Do I need to update them with pregnancy or it's not required ? I don't want to create a situation wherein they can object by saying that I have not updated them about the pregnancy. When is the right time to update CIC ?

Tocanadawego

Apr 19, 2015
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/10/2015
AOR Received.
06/10/2015
Med's Done....
12-12-2105
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
mihirp83 said:
@Tocanadawego - That was very simple and clear cut revert. Thanks a lot.
Just want to know that, after accepting ITA and while updating CIC with document checklist, Do I need to update them with pregnancy or it's not required ? I don't want to create a situation wherein they can object by saying that I have not updated them about the pregnancy. When is the right time to update CIC ?
You could attach an LOE with her medical sheet from upfront medical stating that she was not able to complete the x-ray due to pregnancy. Although i am pretty sure the doctor will write a note too.

venki497

Apr 4, 2015
mihirp83 said:
Thanks sjdhgfkl for updating and congratulating :)

I was not sure, If I had to update CIC about the pregnancy. I just knew that changes like change in passport, of baby is born or some other major changes only needs to be updated. It was never mentioned in documents I received or website that wife's pregnancy needs to be declared and is a significant change. Even, in EE account there is option to update that wife is expecting a baby.

I guess I could have updated CIC while updating IELTS score but I didnt thought of it that time...I will do that now. Let's see what they advice. X-Rays are not good for pregnant ladies so lets see what to do next or until someone who has gone through same updates here.....
Can you please help me with the option in EE account where we can update that spouse is expecting baby.. i couldnt find it

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
venki497 said:
Can you please help me with the option in EE account where we can update that spouse is expecting baby.. i couldnt find it
There is no such option. You don't need to inform them of a pregnancy unless said pregnancy prevents getting a complete medical done. If that is the case you can upload a letter of explanation along with theach sheet you get from the panel physician

kalees25

Mar 6, 2016
hi.
Same situation for me before , i did like that u inform to cic about your wife pregnant and wife delivery date get a your doctor certificate and upload cic.Once your child born inform to cic about your child. If your wife and kid outland get passport and birth certificate upload .After that medical for your kid.YOUR PR will take time get together whole family with kid.

reach.mr.rahul

Nov 14, 2016
hi.
Same situation for me before , i did like that u inform to cic about your wife pregnant and wife delivery date get a your doctor certificate and upload cic.Once your child born inform to cic about your child. If your wife and kid outland get passport and birth certificate upload .After that medical for your kid.YOUR PR will take time get together whole family with kid.

Hi ,

I am also in same position , she is now in 6th month pregnancy , Doc did all test apart from x-ray ..

We both currently in overseas and she is travelling back in india next month end for delivery .. our due date is 3rd DEC .... what should i do in that case , I am worried

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Hello Dear , May i know ... what happens to your case ?

and how did you proceed , I am exactly in same situation ...
From what I've read on the forums: She'll have to do the xray after giving birth, the application will be on hold but you can proceed with preparing the rest of the paperwork. Once her xray is done they'll start processing your application