+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Update: CIC is Currently Processing Applications Received Before.....

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015
Got an official reply from CIC: ".....the responsible office is currently processing applications received before January 14, 2020......"

Anyone with more latest response please post here...

Suh1756

Star Member
Mar 5, 2017
That is only accurate in terms of issuing AORs. I don't think IRCC saying "currently processing" is accurate because they are not currently processing any paper based applications. I received AOR on Mar 9th and no update after.

Reactions: Zadik1985

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015
That is only accurate in terms of issuing AORs. I don't think IRCC saying "currently processing" is accurate because they are not currently processing any paper based applications. I received AOR on Mar 9th and no update after.
If you received your AOR the clock (current is 12 months) has begun and I am sure your file will be completed unless there are issues in your case or any hurdles in test clearance.

Reactions: Paoloartois

Zadik1985

Jul 7, 2020
We re in same position

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
If you received your AOR the clock (current is 12 months) has begun and I am sure your file will be completed unless there are issues in your case or any hurdles in test clearance.
According to the IRCC's website, the clock begins the day they receive your application not when you receive an AOR.

Reactions: jc94

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Got an official reply from CIC: ".....the responsible office is currently processing applications received before January 14, 2020......"

Anyone with more latest response please post here...
This was the same message received few weeks ago by some other forum member. So they are just saying the same. Already we know that they were issuing AOR for Jan mid applicants. Seems we dont have any clue on what they do and when they would open the existing paper application packages.

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
The clock also stops when DM is made, not when you take your oath. So actual time is 14-15 months on average.

With COVID, add at least 6 months on.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
THERE IS NO CLOCK for Section 5(1) grant citizenship applications.

The 12 month processing time line is merely a report, a highly generalized report, about how long a median number of routine applications, plus at least one (or "most" as this quantity is typically described), took to process IN THE PAST.

It is NOT a forecast or prediction, let alone a timeline, let alone a "clock."

Nothing happens at the end of a full year of processing time that changes anything. Applications taking this long (and in the current situation, the vast majority are clearly going to take LONGER than this, at least for awhile) continue to remain in the same queue waiting for the next task item.

Moreover, for now, in the current situation, processing time information posted by IRCC, based on previously completed applications, offers very little insight into evaluating a prospective processing time line going forward. We are going through a real crisis with ramifications our modern information-age society has not experienced before. We are going into NEW territory. Maps based on the old terrain can be useful in terms of formatting and putting data into context, but of virtually NO use plotting trajectories. Except in the most general terms.

Let's be clear. This is yet one more "are we there yet" topics. Here focused at earlier stages of the process than most of the others, but nonetheless one more "are we there yet" refrain.

Same answer: NO.

Same forecast: IRCC appears to be undertaking measures toward resuming some degree of operations but is clearly still far short of resuming normal operations, and there is little prospect of getting back even close to normal operational functionality for awhile still. So the best anyone can offer is LOOKS like IRCC is TRYING, but still has a LONG, LONG way to go, and if anything the in-fact timeline for applications currently in process (and those received but not yet opened) will almost certainly be more than 12 months. The only question is how much more. And if we knew, I am afraid the answer would be rather disappointing. Sorry.

I mostly responded here because of how much focus there has been on something that is of NO import, the so-called "clock," to try to minimize the extent to which the forum discussion might be misleading about what IRCC's posted timeline information means . . . even in NORMAL times, let alone now.

But it also seems that this forum needs constant reminders that this is a very unusual situation, and one that is continuing to develop. Last thing MPs or IRCC or any of our public officials need, right now, is to have their offices diverted by unnecessary and, frankly, pointless inquiries. They will publish relevant information soon enough for applicants to make pertinent decision-making. For now, hard as it is, sit-and-wait is the game.

Further note re the published 12 month time line: While it means "most" applications, for the PAST period calculated, were processed in that amount of time, do not overlook that this also means, for even that period of time, that as many as NEARLY HALF of the applications took LONGER than 12 months to process.

Suh1756

Star Member
Mar 5, 2017
The clock is/was ticking in normal conditions. These days IRCC couldn't care less about the clock and I would agree with the delay in processing. IRCC employees won't jeopardize their safety just because the clock on my application is ticking, I get it. But they should at least lay out a tentative timeline on resuming the application processing.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
The clock is/was ticking in normal conditions.
There was NO clock. Still NO clock.

Not sure where this idea of a clock came from, but citizenship application processing has not been on a clock for at least the last two decades, and probably never at all since the Citizenship Act was adopted in the 1980s. NO CLOCK.

See previous post for longer explanation.