+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Update/Advise on Flagpoling

Tayandibu

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
Good day,

I'm currently in Toronto and planning to flagpole for my SOWP this week.

Please I need updated information and advise on how to go about it.
Also, which of the borders would you recommend.

Thank you.

WilliamSilva

Star Member
Mar 25, 2022
Good day,

Thank you.
How did it go? I am thinking about doing the same.

Tayandibu

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
How did it go? I am thinking about doing the same.
I went on Wednesday but wasn't successful as they had reached the limit for the day. I went back on Thursday very early in the morning and was lucky to be attended to. I used the Lewiston-Queenston Bridge.
My advice is that you should try to get back to the Canadian border by 8am after flagpoling in the US. If you get there before 8am, you will be turned back and would need to go back to the US border for another flagpole. This happened to me. And if you go late, you might not be lucky to be amongst the few that would be attended to.
Please note that this is applicable to the border I used and I don't know what is obtainable at the other borders.

WilliamSilva

Star Member
Mar 25, 2022
I went on Wednesday but wasn't successful as they had reached the limit for the day. I went back on Thursday very early in the morning and was lucky to be attended to. I used the Lewiston-Queenston Bridge.
My advice is that you should try to get back to the Canadian border by 8am after flagpoling in the US. If you get there before 8am, you will be turned back and would need to go back to the US border for another flagpole. This happened to me. And if you go late, you might not be lucky to be amongst the few that would be attended to.
Please note that this is applicable to the border I used and I don't know what is obtainable at the other borders.
Thank you!

I have an ongoing application for study permit extension. Do you think it might be a problem?

jaer

Nov 5, 2021
which bridge did u go to first?
i was there today and wasnt lucky
first, rainbow bridge 12noon -they said tis close coz its full and i can go back around 4:30/5pm and told us to go to a different bridge
the border agent didnt get my flagpole form but instead he read off the approval letter instead
second, went to peace bridge, the US agent said that it looks like Canada is tired of the process because they are turning away people and leading them to us...i can't guarantee u if they would still be able to accommodate u but u cans till try
Reach Canadian border agent, he said that they are close since its full coz they only cater 5 people and don't know when it will finish
So, we just went back to niagara to eat our lunch waited till 4pm then i went on foot just simply turning around the exit and entrance of the border since i still have the flagpole form and i told the agent. But he said that the system is down and they dont know when it will be back. And he also said that it can't be done today..
Sad day...

luckytruds

Aug 25, 2022
Good day,

Thank you.

Hey! Congratulations! What are the requirements did you bring for your application? Is it really required to bring 3 paystubs of your spouse?