+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

upaid loan in dubai

samepage

May 18, 2021
Hi All. I came to Canada with my wife n 3 kids from Dubai back in 2019. Due to Pandemic I was laid off and with a hefty personal loan, and ever increasing expenses in Dubai I was not able to survive with no income and moved to Canada.

Also scared of being put behind bars as that is the norm in UAE for any outstandings.

To my surprise - I just received a call on my local Canada cell number from the bank in Dubai asking me about my outstandings. I was surprised that how they got my number!!

I did get a Police Clearance letter 3 months later arriving in Canada in 2019 but it's expired now as it is only valid for 3 months.

I know that with my outstanding the authorities have issued a Police case on me.

Will this affect my PR?

Kindly advise.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All. I came to Canada with my wife n 3 kids from Dubai back in 2019. Due to Pandemic I was laid off and with a hefty personal loan, and ever increasing expenses in Dubai I was not able to survive with no income and moved to Canada.

Also scared of being put behind bars as that is the norm in UAE for any outstandings.

To my surprise - I just received a call on my local Canada cell number from the bank in Dubai asking me about my outstandings. I was surprised that how they got my number!!

I did get a Police Clearance letter 3 months later arriving in Canada in 2019 but it's expired now as it is only valid for 3 months.

I know that with my outstanding the authorities have issued a Police case on me.

Will this affect my PR?

Kindly advise.
Won’t impact your PR but would suggest coming up with a repayment plan. Debt collectors are notoriously unpleasant to deal with and ifthey have gone through the trouble of finding you you must owe a decent amount.

Reactions: Idrissrafd

Laura0928

Star Member
Mar 25, 2018

Will this affect my PR?

Kindly advise.
hello. wondering what's happened in your case? appreciate any update :)