+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Until when is the COPR valid?

Drotciv

Sep 13, 2019
Hello,

My partner and I are reviewing the Express Entry process beforehand to know if it can apply to us. There is one question that is not being answered officially (or I could not find it) on canada.ca:

When you receive your COPR, for how long is it valid and from what date in the process?

I read everywhere it is from the health assessment, so does that mean we have one year from the health assessment date to enter Canada?

I know it has been asked several times but I could not find a straight answer (and I certainly need reassurance as well!)

Thanks,
Drotciv

Nish_j

Sep 9, 2017
Hi Droctiv,

Yes, unless there is an exceptional circumstance, it is 1 year from the date of the medical or upto passport expiry date(if it falls before the one year)

Ask me further questions you like as I have just completed the entire process.

Good luck,

Nish

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
Hello,

My partner and I are reviewing the Express Entry process beforehand to know if it can apply to us. There is one question that is not being answered officially (or I could not find it) on canada.ca:

When you receive your COPR, for how long is it valid and from what date in the process?

I read everywhere it is from the health assessment, so does that mean we have one year from the health assessment date to enter Canada?

I know it has been asked several times but I could not find a straight answer (and I certainly need reassurance as well!)

Thanks,
Drotciv
I think you are mixing COPR and visa. The visa’s validity is tied to the expiration of your medical (medical valid for a year) or passport whichever one comes first. So the visa can be for 2, 3 months depending on when you did your medical. For COPR however it’s what immigration stamps when you land in Canada and formally makes you a PR.