+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unsure of my "Place of Entry" for visitor extension

epmarshall

Oct 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

I'm working on my visitor extension and the form asks for my "place of entry" for both my original entry to Canada and my most recent entry. It might sound dumb, but the thing is I'm not sure of these. I'm pretty sure the first one was somewhere around Niagara and the most recent I'm almost positive was Peace Bridge. It's mainly the first one I'm concerned about, really. I have only traveled into Canada by bus, so I wasn't paying much attention to the name of the border place, especially not on my first trip to Canada ever.

Any advice on what I should do? And do I indicate that I'm unsure about this stuff in my letter of explanation that I'm submitting with my app?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks, everyone!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Contact the bus company you used and ask them which crossing that bus route uses.

epmarshall

Oct 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:
Contact the bus company you used and ask them which crossing that bus route uses.
Good thinking, Scylla. I will give them a call today. Thanks!

epmarshall

Oct 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, I called but no one could give us the info. The call center people kept forwarding me to others who didn't know. I don't really understand how that's possible that they don't know where their buses are going, but it leaves me with few options.

I know Niagara Falls is where I crossed, but I'm not sure which bridge. I guess I will just have to be upfront about this in my letter of explanation. I'll tell them we tried to find the info, but no one could tell us. That way they'll know that if my records don't match theirs exactly, then it was at least an honest mistake.

TracyCa64

Aug 28, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2, 2015
Doc's Request.
Form IMM5409 requested Feb 20, 2016
AOR Received.
Nov 25, 2015
File Transfer...
SA- Dec 10, 2015 ** DM- March 14, 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Sept 9, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Rec'd March 18, 2016
LANDED..........
April 16, 2016
epmarshall said:
Well, I called but no one could give us the info. The call center people kept forwarding me to others who didn't know. I don't really understand how that's possible that they don't know where their buses are going, but it leaves me with few options.

I know Niagara Falls is where I crossed, but I'm not sure which bridge. I guess I will just have to be upfront about this in my letter of explanation. I'll tell them we tried to find the info, but no one could tell us. That way they'll know that if my records don't match theirs exactly, then it was at least an honest mistake.
The Rainbow bridge crosses into Niagara Falls, Ontario from NY. Could that be the bridge Emily?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can contact CBSA to get a detailed list of your entry/exit data, which would include date/time/location.

epmarshall

Oct 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TracyCa64 said:
The Rainbow bridge crosses into Niagara Falls, Ontario from NY. Could that be the bridge Emily?
Thanks for the suggestion, Tracy! I think this is the one, but what about the other bridge, Whirlpool Bridge? Doesn't that one go through Niagara as well?

Ponga said:
You can contact CBSA to get a detailed list of your entry/exit data, which would include date/time/location.
Hey Ponga! How would we go about this? I was hoping to submit the app this weekend, but technically I have until March 7. I'm not sure how long it would take to get CBSA's notes.

Thanks for the help, everyone!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Try this:
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/agency-agence/reports-rapports/pia-efvp/atip-aiprp/thr-rav-eng.html

Gemmie

Nov 10, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2015
AOR Received.
30-06-2015/SA 17-08-2015
File Transfer...
20-08-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
23-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
21-01-2016
Whirlpool bridge says its a nexus only crossing. You wouldnt be using that for a busline.

http://www.ezbordercrossing.com/list-of-border-crossings/new-york/whirlpool-rapids-bridge/#.VrRMY-Z3WHs

epmarshall

Oct 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gemmie said:
Whirlpool bridge says its a nexus only crossing. You wouldnt be using that for a busline.

http://www.ezbordercrossing.com/list-of-border-crossings/new-york/whirlpool-rapids-bridge/#.VrRMY-Z3WHs
Thanks so much, Gemmie. This helps narrow it down and makes me feel a lot more confident that it was probably Rainbow Bridge.

Ponga said:
Try this:
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/agency-agence/reports-rapports/pia-efvp/atip-aiprp/thr-rav-eng.html
Thanks for the link, Ponga. I'm filling it out now. It still applies to me, though, right? Because it says it's only for those people "living" in Canada and I'm technically "visiting".

Also, I'm still going to request it because I still need this information at some point, but at what point do I send my application in regardless of whether I have the info or not? My status expires March 7, so I was hoping to submit the app Feb. 7. It's still fine to submit this at any point until March, though, isn't it?

Thanks again, everyone! I appreciate the help.