+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unskilled LMIA / WORK PERMIT for 24 months contract permanent job NOC 6552 can get PR?

Dhayalan

Jun 12, 2018
  1. Hi Guys,

I will keep it simple

I am Indian passport holder / Indian national

Going to Arrive in Saskatchewan Canada a two year LMIA job in a restaurant to join a company

LMIA was under (NOC 6552) Customer and information service representative and withwith going to apply for work permit through Express entry

after 18 months of work in work permit canada can I become eligible to apply for PR status ?

what are my options to apply for my PR ?

Thanks,

Dhaya

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Well given NOC code 6552 is classfied as C so would not qualify as Canadian work experience for the Canada Experience program which needs to be 0,A or B so that would leave you with Express Entry so you would meed to check out your points there

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/canadian-experience-class.html

Still surprising that a restaurant could not find anyone for such a role in the whole of Canada and was willing to go through the hassle of an LMIA but guess they were.

Assume you got a TRV in order to travel to Canada as well as the LMIA and you yourself did not pay any fee for the LMIA the restaurant coughed up 1000 dollars for you for the LMIA fee

Dhayalan

Jun 12, 2018
Sir,

Given NOC Is skill type C , but my agent given information for unskilled labour 24 months contract period ,permanent job I'll eligible for PR after completion of 18 months of work .you can apply and avail for PR saying .

Please advise us accordingly.

Well given NOC code 6552 is classfied as C so would not qualify as Canadian work experience for the Canada Experience program which needs to be 0,A or B so that would leave you with Express Entry so you would meed to check out your points there

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/canadian-experience-class.html

Still surprising that a restaurant could not find anyone for such a role in the whole of Canada and was willing to go through the hassle of an LMIA but guess they were.

Assume you got a TRV in order to travel to Canada as well as the LMIA and you yourself did not pay any fee for the LMIA the restaurant coughed up 1000 dollars for you for the LMIA fee

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Sir,

Given NOC Is skill type C , but my agent given information for unskilled labour 24 months contract period ,permanent job I'll eligible for PR after completion of 18 months of work .you can apply and avail for PR saying .

Under which specific program did your agent say you could apply?

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Under which specific program did your agent say you could apply?
Sir,

Well the only option I could think off for you would be the Saskatchewan Immigration Nomination Program (SINP).

You should do some reading on their website to see if you qualify.