+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

(Unrelated!) queries re: siblings + medical

Spun

Jun 20, 2014
After what feels like a lifetime of planning to do this "some day", my Canadian husband and I are finally going to be submitting my PR application this summer. We currently live together in the UK.

Having looked at the forms, I have a couple of queries that I was hoping to get some advice on please:

1. I have two half-sisters from my Dad's first marriage, but I have no relationship at all with them. They have not been a part of my life since I was a child, 20+ years ago, and we do not keep in touch, though they are in touch with my Dad. I am inclined to include them on the Additional Family form as the form requests it, but I wondered what the impact of including them is? What would their details be needed for? I couldn't see myself ever sponsoring them to come to Canada or anything like that (they are basically strangers to me!).

2. My husband and I will be spending a few weeks in Canada this summer, visiting friends and family (I already have my eTA sorted!) and it looks like it will be more cost-effective for me to have my immigration medical done while I'm there. Luckily there are panel physicians in pretty much every location we'll be spending time in, and my first choice is to have the immigration completed in Edmonton, AB, but is it advisable to book in advance? Any suggestions on how far in advance?

...I think that's it for now! Thanks in advance for any help :)

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. you only put your own family on addition family form : ex: your children from previous marriage if you have.

2. medical is good for a year, so if you plan to send application soon after your medical, you could do in Canada.

if you are ready to send your applications, you can bring all papers in Canada and do medical then send off all. ( you can send your outland applications while you are in Canada )

FYI : I did my medical exam 4 weeks after I booked (they are always fully booked…)

hope it helps.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
You have to list your two-half sisters on the sibling section of the Additional Family Information form. If you don't know and can't find out some details, such as their current addresses, just attach a sheet explaining that.
Listing them makes no difference to your application. The form is for information about additional family - you could not sponsor them even if you wanted to. However, CIC still wants to know: there could be security concerns, if anyone else in your family applies to immigrate separately, there will be questions if the forms don't match up, etc.
If you don't list them, and CIC finds out, there will be questions. This will delay your application and may cause an interview. Just list them - there is no negative impact.

Spun

Jun 20, 2014
Thank you both, that's really helpful.

I will err on the side of caution and list them in the siblings section of the form - better safe than sorry!

:)