+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unpaid representative (also sponsor) cannot link application to online account?

dkhtrieu1006

Apr 25, 2020
Hi everyone,
We just submitted our application yesterday and is waiting for the first response from IRCC. I also registered myself as my wife's unpaid representative, and the 5289 guide says that "Unpaid representatives cannot use online accounts. If you have an unpaid representative, you should remind them to regularly monitor their e-mail and mail to ensure correspondence is received.". So I'm guessing that I cannot link the application to my own IRCC account? The only way of communication between them now is through email only?

Thanks a lot everyone!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi everyone,
We just submitted our application yesterday and is waiting for the first response from IRCC. I also registered myself as my wife's unpaid representative, and the 5289 guide says that "Unpaid representatives cannot use online accounts. If you have an unpaid representative, you should remind them to regularly monitor their e-mail and mail to ensure correspondence is received.". So I'm guessing that I cannot link the application to my own IRCC account? The only way of communication between them now is through email only?

Thanks a lot everyone!
You should je able to link and so should the sponsor, but it may not be possible before the AOR (ie 30-90 days, may be longer now).

Reactions: dkhtrieu1006

PanizF

Feb 5, 2021
I link the application to my account and I am unpaid representative and sponsor.
So it is possible to link.
Hi, I am same as you, can I know if you have received all the email in your account after linking it, have the applicant received any email?

dkhtrieu1006

Apr 25, 2020
Hi, I am same as you, can I know if you have received all the email in your account after linking it, have the applicant received any email?
How did you link the application to your IRCC account? When I logged in, there was no option for me to link. I remembered seeing an option to link when I signed in weeks ago, but now there’s no option to link!

PanizF

Feb 5, 2021
How did you link the application to your IRCC account? When I logged in, there was no option for me to link. I remembered seeing an option to link when I signed in weeks ago, but now there’s no option to link!
There was just an underlined sentence that said link an application to your account that I clicked on it, you can see it on your home page bellow the part '' view the applications you submitted''