+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unpaid Parking Ticket and immigration in process

Hassananwar1

Star Member
Sep 7, 2018
I have a few unpaid parking tickets in Montreal, I had a plan to paid them in 2020 but due to some financial reasons, it is hard to pay them as they are around 2,000$.

I am out of the country Canada now and waiting for the PR CARD, I have a question does the unpaid fine affect my immigration file?

Can I pay them when I will be in Canada is that OK? I mean would it be any problem at the port of entry?

Max003

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
I have a few unpaid parking tickets in Montreal, I had a plan to paid them in 2020 but due to some financial reasons, it is hard to pay them as they are around 2,000$.

I am out of the country Canada now and waiting for the PR CARD, I have a question does the unpaid fine affect my immigration file?

Can I pay them when I will be in Canada is that OK? I mean would it be any problem at the port of entry?
It will not affect your immigration file and port of entry at all as it is not a criminal matter. However, you'll get high insurance rates once you get back to Canada when applying for car insurance. In addition, you will be unable to renew the vehicle registration until all outstanding fines are paid.

Dkd@1018

Star Member
Aug 26, 2020
Hey i got a parking ticket today, for parking on private property...does any one knows if it affects immigration ( permanent residency) in any way as i have already apploed for PR