+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unpaid medical bills

martin101

Feb 12, 2020
Hello @All , Kindly help My Sister Got unwell in 2019 March at Singpore, as she was on study visa to singapore from India. She was not well and submitted to the hospital, and they told me that they need blood relation to discharge her.. So i came from india to singapore on tourist visa for 7 days and and got her discharged and they charged me the 7000$ bill, And signed me the payment plan for 6 months 1200$, I never payed the bill till now, so In case of Canada or Uk visa Can I get PR? or there will be difficulty for me?

Max003

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Hello @All , Kindly help My Sister Got unwell in 2019 March at Singpore, as she was on study visa to singapore from India. She was not well and submitted to the hospital, and they told me that they need blood relation to discharge her.. So i came from india to singapore on tourist visa for 7 days and and got her discharged and they charged me the 7000$ bill, And signed me the payment plan for 6 months 1200$, I never payed the bill till now, so In case of Canada or Uk visa Can I get PR? or there will be difficulty for me?
Hey, don’t worry you’ll be fine as far as immigration goes. It’s up to you to disclose this information while applying for immigration. Since you’ve stayed only for about a week in Singapore IRCC wouldn’t even request the Singaporean PCC. Moreover, I do not know how Singaporean authorities handle the unpaid debts. In some countries it’s a criminal offense while in others it’s not. In my opinion, the amount is not significant for a major offense, double check with the authorities to get a clear picture regarding how they handle the unpaid debt in Singapore.

A lot of people applied with outstanding debts and got PR successfully. I’m not in a position to say what’s right and wrong but make sure to adhere your agreements with authorities, you’ll never how it’s gonna haunt you as time goes by.

martin101

Feb 12, 2020
Hello @Max003 Thanks for your prompt response, I really feel positive after reading your comment. Does Singapore Immigration share database with Canada or UK?

Max003

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Hello @Max003 Thanks for your prompt response, I really feel positive after reading your comment. Does Singapore Immigration share database with Canada or UK?
My pleasure. IRCC has database accessibility to all over the World. Since you’ve been to Singapore for a short trip IRCC “COULD” do a quick run through to their database. But it’s shouldn’t be your concern; your concern must be to find out whether you have any criminal proceedings with the Singapore government or not because of your unpaid debt although highly unlikely but, it’s worth to check with them or even better apply for a Singaporean PCC to get a clearer picture.

Last not least, even if you have a criminal record because of the unpaid amount you won’t be inadmissible to Canada as IRCC/Canada doesn’t consider unpaid debts as criminal offence. All in all, you’ll be off the hook as far as immigration is concerned.

martin101

Feb 12, 2020
Ok will go through this...Thanks for the confirmation. One think more I want to ask is IN SINP I have shown my close relative and He has 4 documents out of 5 Only 1 is not there that he cannot show he is independent because he is staying with his colleague doctor so he does not have Utility bills and rent agreement in his own name So shall i submit my application and pay fees or Withdraw the application??

Max003

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Ok will go through this...Thanks for the confirmation. One think more I want to ask is IN SINP I have shown my close relative and He has 4 documents out of 5 Only 1 is not there that he cannot show he is independent because he is staying with his colleague doctor so he does not have Utility bills and rent agreement in his own name So shall i submit my application and pay fees or Withdraw the application??
DO NOT WITHDRAW THE APPLICATION. If address proof is the only document missing, your relative could ask his colleague doctor to write a detailed signed letter stating; he is indeed a tenant living with him but without a written contract and get all the documents from him (Colleague doctor) ie, utility bill, agreement, internet bill, phone bill or any other docs to prove the address.

Moreover, ask your relative to get all the information proving he is staying with the same address this includes, driver's license, bank details, employment contract, pay stubs, health Card, and all other proof of address that they are independent then you should be ok. The address from your relative docs and the colleague doctors' address must match to prove both are staying in the same address.

Finally, while submitting the application you must write a detailed LOE explaining the address proof situation.

Last edited: