+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unofficial work experience

umbro

Star Member
Oct 9, 2018
Hi guys, I have more than 3 years of work experience which is common sense in my country, I am from one of the former Soviet Union countries.
I wonder if I can show it as my work experience or not?
All I can prove it is by the owner of the entity I worked for, I got paid only by cash, no salary slips availabe as no taxes were paid.
Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance!

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Hi guys, I have more than 3 years of work experience which is common sense in my country, I am from one of the former Soviet Union countries.
I wonder if I can show it as my work experience or not?
All I can prove it is by the owner of the entity I worked for, I got paid only by cash, no salary slips availabe as no taxes were paid.
Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance!
Have you worked for a company that was officially registered?
Can your employer give you reference letter mentioning it was fully in cash, 30h+/week, full-time, job duties and salary, with start and end dates?
Was it within the last 10 years?

If you satisfy all of the above, sure go ahead.

Reactions: umbro

umbro

Star Member
Oct 9, 2018
Have you worked for a company that was officially registered?
Can your employer give you reference letter mentioning it was fully in cash, 30h+/week, full-time, job duties and salary, with start and end dates?
Was it within the last 10 years?

If you satisfy all of the above, sure go ahead.
Yes, my employer can give me a reference letter as requested. It was within last 10 years!

I respect your hints/advices, but some people have opposite opinion and that is where I am confused.
If you do not mind could you explain me what is your answer(sure go ahead) based on? Any official statement or personal experience?
Thank you!

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Yes, my employer can give me a reference letter as requested. It was within last 10 years!

I respect your hints/advices, but some people have opposite opinion and that is where I am confused.
If you do not mind could you explain me what is your answer(sure go ahead) based on? Any official statement or personal experience?
Thank you!
Well, I base my opinion on the fact that cash payments are not uncommon. As far as I know, for CIC, as long as you were paid for the job you were doing, and you mention it was cash paid, it's fine. I honestly haven't heard of anyone being rejected because they were paid in cash.

But do note that they may ask for payslips or tax returns to show money is indeed legit, although they're not required at first. Some questions may be raised about the taxes not being paid though... They may ask to see tax returns.

I don't know for sure if the tax issue would be disqualifying, but be prepared to answer questions on that.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
The problem is that with no tax payments, there is no legal paper trail. Therefore, it completely depends on the credibility of an unknown employer in a country where corruption is possibly common.