+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

University vs College

serxhioseyo

Jul 30, 2016
Albania
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

I've been reading all over internet about the differences between universities and colleges but I'm still not quite clear though. Whats another difference except the tuition fee? Thanks

rivalkiran

Jul 28, 2016
If the same course is found on College and University, choose University. Universities are more reliable, stable and regulated by the government. Getting admission in university is difficult but at college, it's easier. Colleges will give you admission even without relevant previous education history.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Generally your job prospects are significantly better with a university degree.

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
rivalkiran said:
If the same course is found on College and University, choose University. Universities are more reliable, stable and regulated by the government. Getting admission in university is difficult but at college, it's easier. Colleges will give you admission even without relevant previous education history.
Bull!

Colleges are regulated by the government as well. You can get bachelors degrees from colleges just as you can get from a university.

Colleges also have more programs that cater towards how the job market is looking. You don't need a university degreee for a job. Today, - college course can be as good, often better, as they actually train you to a job. Less theory, more hands on. Still, demands to study hard exist.

God of war

Aug 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree with you (Y)
yyzstudent said:
Bull!

Colleges are regulated by the government as well. You can get bachelors degrees from colleges just as you can get from a university.

Colleges also have more programs that cater towards how the job market is looking. You don't need a university degreee for a job. Today, - college course can be as good, often better, as they actually train you to a job. Less theory, more hands on. Still, demands to study hard exist.

zuif

Star Member
Sep 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yyzstudent said:
Bull!

Agreed, colleges have more specifically designed programs, which might help you in the marketplace, but still.. employers might prefer university graduates more than college graduates - simply because, college graduates do not have the profile strength that university graduates have, however there might be exceptions.

Gymguy

Jul 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2016
LANDED..........
July End
My assumption is that it's equally tough for both college/Uni fresh grads. Companies pay comparatively less to college grads which
may favour them in some companies. Luck also plays a big role besides hard work for both grads.

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
zuif said:
Agreed, colleges have more specifically designed programs, which might help you in the marketplace, but still.. employee might prefer university graduates more than college graduates - simply because, college graduates do not have the profile strength that university graduates have, however there might be exceptions.
Don't you mean employers and not employees?

My boss is my employer. I'm the employee.

Gymguy

Jul 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2016
LANDED..........
July End
yyzstudent said:
Bull!

Very well said yyzstudent. Cheers.

zuif

Star Member
Sep 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yyzstudent said:
Don't you mean employers and not employees?

My boss is my employer. I'm the employee.
Yes, I meant employers*

vishlion

Star Member
Sep 17, 2015
Visa Office......
Edmonton
App. Filed.......
30-10-2020
Med's Done....
Passed (08-12-2020)
Interview........
N/A
serxhioseyo said:
Can I follow a Graduate Program in university after college?
Yes, you can.

denmanveer

Star Member
May 1, 2015
Jalandhar, Punjab
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2016
IELTS Request
01-08-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
29-07-2016
LANDED..........
Soon
I will suggest you to opt for University than College because:-

1. University degree is more valuable in job marketplace.

2. Getting admit in University is tough so if you get u r already ahead of many.

3. PR rules are very lenient for Students who graduate from University like If u do Masters from Ontario you get PR direclty after your masters (PNP Ontario - Masters Category).

4. Visa chances are higher for Students applying to any University because VO know that University take 2-4 months to give u offer letter so they have already filtered you out of many other applicants.

Rest Your take.

Good Luck.

Uneeku

Jul 18, 2015
So where do we classify someone that is applying to Western Continuing Studies, Ontario. We know its part of University of Western Ontario, but does this fall under University Category or College category. I am actually going for a Post degree Diploma in one of Western Continuing Studies programs.