+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

University selection help..

smughal

Jun 19, 2009
Hello,
am Sonia from pakistan. I've done BS in IT. Total of 16 yr education. Im looking for canadian univ to apply for masters. Can anyone suggest me some univ to get offer letter from. Is it possible to get offer letter first then pay admission fees etc after my arrival in canada. I also need to work. So a very gud univ is not a must. I also need to know how much funds i will need to show..

kista

Aug 24, 2009
You should see
http://oncampus.macleans.ca/education/rankings/
This is the most authentic ranking of Canadian Schools. In principle you can pay your fees after arrival in Canada but you would have to show the proof of submission of fee for visa so practically it is not possible.
You will have to show fee + CAD$10,000 for a 12 months period(assuming you have no dependents with you). This is the minimum required by CHC, you should show more than this.

inaina

Nov 3, 2009
Kista,

If you don't mind me asking: would students have to pay for every year of studies straight away and show that they have $10 000 for every year for living, or only pay for the first semester first and be able to prove having $10 000 for every year for living?

kista

Aug 24, 2009
Usually its enough to pay the fees of 1st or 1st and 2nd semester. And you only have to show the $10,000 for 1st year. But as it is the minimum amount required by CHC, its good to show more say 20 to 30k. But you don't have to show the living cost of all the years before going.

smughal

Jun 19, 2009
Thanks for ur reply. Just wanted to know how much wud i need if am travelling wid my husband n 3month old son. Top of that can they be included in my application n travel wid me. Lastly, who can sponser me? Can i show my uncle's bank statement?

kista

Aug 24, 2009
Its better if your sponsor is your blood relative. Yes your husband and son can travel with you. You would need to show additional 7,000 for 2 dependents. You may check the funds required from cic.gc.ca.