+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

University Professor noc 4121

z_yunus

Aug 13, 2009
I was in the process of applying for the NOC 4121 university professor. But the list changed on june 26. I am now completely lost as what to do now. I have enough points. Can any body suggest any alternative. One of my friends suggested me to look for provincial nominee program. Please help me with it. This maybe the case of many ppl here and it ll surely help us a lot.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t45804.0.html

PNP varies province by province, so you would have to research each one. Most require a job (i think) but until you read it for sure, you won't know. I just dont know about PNP because i haven't looked at it.
If you are in the US on a H1b then alberta's H1 program is good.

The other is to find a job in Canada first but it is tough to find a jbo in Canada as a professor from outside. I know someone who is really really very excellent at what he does and I think universities are interested in him and he is in Canada but they won't hire him because he is not a PR yet. He has published a lot of papers while doing his postdoc in Canada so you can imagine how tough it is to get a university job there while not a PR or citizen at least at early level.

This is true for university positions but I don't know about colleges.

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
z_yunus said:
I was in the process of applying for the NOC 4121 university professor. But the list changed on june 26. I am now completely lost as what to do now. I have enough points. Can any body suggest any alternative. One of my friends suggested me to look for provincial nominee program. Please help me with it. This maybe the case of many ppl here and it ll surely help us a lot.
Hi z-yunus,

It is sad that 4121 is no more in the list. Are you a "Biologist or other scientist" ? If you are then you can apply under 2121 which is a new addition to the list.

Hope you can apply.

Mitali

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
z_yunus said:
I am lucky that I got my before the list changed. If you are a Biologist or a researcher in (Molecular Biologist, or Microbiologist), I will recommend you to take a look on the NOC 2121. You may also look into getting your CSQ from Quebec. There is no way you can get a position as a professor or assistant professor if you are not at least PR because Canada government policy is to offer jobs to Canadians and PR, for that reason at the end of each vacancy you will read this sentence: All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. Then you quickly realize that the job is not yours to grab.

z_yunus

Aug 13, 2009
does Quebec requires a job offer before considering the case for CSQ?Please let me know if I can apply there under 4121? And please tell me how to start the process

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
i dont think it requires a job. I dont know the process. Perhaps their website might help. i think there is a point system too.