+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

University of York - Post Graduate Certificate

Maricalero

Oct 13, 2020
Hello, does anyone enrolled for a 8 months post graduate certificate at University of York? I would like to know if the study permit is valid for 8 months or for a year, also the PGWP.

Thanks!

lolcocks

Jul 23, 2020
Hello, does anyone enrolled for a 8 months post graduate certificate at University of York? I would like to know if the study permit is valid for 8 months or for a year, also the PGWP.

Thanks!
A 8 month course will give you a 8 month PGWP.

Now if your university considers a 8 month course as a 1 year course is something you should ask the university. The duration of you PGWP depends on the what is written on your Credential Completion Letter, which you will have to get from the University after completing your course.

Maricalero

Oct 13, 2020
A 8 month course will give you a 8 month PGWP.

Now if your university considers a 8 month course as a 1 year course is something you should ask the university. The duration of you PGWP depends on the what is written on your Credential Completion Letter, which you will have to get from the University after completing your course.

This is what the university replied when I asked what will be written in the certificate:

"Hi,

The length of the program is not mentioned on the certificate. Eight months is considered one academic year and very many of our international students have been able to obtain PGWPs based on a program of one academic year.

Best regards,"

lolcocks

Jul 23, 2020
This is what the university replied when I asked what will be written in the certificate:

"Hi,

The length of the program is not mentioned on the certificate. Eight months is considered one academic year and very many of our international students have been able to obtain PGWPs based on a program of one academic year.

Best regards,"
I am no longer of any help to you as I am not enrolled in a Canadian university yet.

I think you should ask other students international students who were previously enrolled in your university.

rahulkshk22

Jan 7, 2019

Thanks!
Hi! Were you able to find out for sure what the scenario is like? I am in the same boat as you today. A reply would be deeply appreciated!