+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

UNIVERSITY OF WINDSOR SEPTEMBER INTAKE

KRUTHI

Mar 22, 2014
ANY ONE CAN TELL ME HOW REPUTED IS UNIV OF WINDSOR???

ANY IDEA ABOUT JOBS AFTER MASTERS FroM it?(even on campus part time jobs are there any problems to get???)

lakesh6

Mar 22, 2014
My dear friend
I am posting a link where u can get the ranking of best colleges as well as universities of Canada with their ranking in Canada as well as in the world.
http://www.webometrics.info/en/north_america/canada

ironhorse777

Oct 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2014
IELTS Request
08-11-2014
File Transfer...
16-06-2014
Med's Request
03-06-2014
Med's Done....
03-06-2014
Passport Req..
13-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-06-2014
LANDED..........
Not yet.
KRUTHI said:

ANY IDEA ABOUT JOBS AFTER MASTERS FroM it?(even on campus part time jobs are there any problems to get???)
Do not type in capital letters Ugh!

mizan776

Jan 27, 2014
Muscat, Oman
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2014
Med's Request
Exempted
Med's Done....
Exempted
Interview........
Exempted
Passport Req..
21-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2014
LANDED..........
19-08-2014
KRUTHI said:

Ranking wise Windsor doesn't meet upto the reputation of the top universities. But that doesnt mean it is a bad university at all. I have been receiving positive response from people studying there. So overall it an OK university to choose for. What course are you applying there for? I applied to MENG in Industrial Engineering for Fall

KRUTHI

Mar 22, 2014
@ironhorse...oops i didnt know about that....ill keep that in mind... :D

@mizan.. i'm planning to apply for the ms computer science-september intake.

once again @lakesh thank you for that link..that was really useful... :)

mizan776

Jan 27, 2014
Muscat, Oman
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2014
Med's Request
Exempted
Med's Done....
Exempted
Interview........
Exempted
Passport Req..
21-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2014
LANDED..........
19-08-2014
KRUTHI said:
@ mizan.. i'm planning to apply for the ms computer science-september intake.
All the best for ur application. Hope you make it through

rahulragh

Jun 29, 2013
Hi Kruthi,

I'm doing my MEng in Electrical @ Uwindsor.
This is university is an average one, but you have opportunities. Very easy to get
admission. One good thing is applying for PR soon after your graduate studies here(Ontario Province).

I have a couple of friends doing MSc in Computer Science. If you want, I can share their contact details.
Here is my mail id - rahulragh@gmail.com.
Please mail me for more queries if you have any and all the best for your application.

raj_009

Star Member
Oct 3, 2013
KRUTHI said:

As advised earlier, windsor is an average uni. I suggested you looking at your profile and present situation. If u dont want to waste much time and land this sep, u may apply there. If u can wait for jan'15 or may be sep'15, u may apply to other universities where u think u can get admitted. Getting masters is always valuable. Moreover, getting a job has lot of factors like your networking skills, overall profile, ur luck etc. Windsor has got the lowest tuition fee also. Its 23280 CAD total program fee for M.Eng. U can make ur own decison.

mizan776

Jan 27, 2014
Muscat, Oman
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2014
Med's Request
Exempted
Med's Done....
Exempted
Interview........
Exempted
Passport Req..
21-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2014
LANDED..........
19-08-2014
@KRUTHI.... 1 piece of advice. If you are going for MSc(Research based), U need to secure a supervisor and also its competitive. But if you get in, U will mostly be funded for the program. U need not worry about finance. But to secure that, U need high credentials and research background. U might consider applying for MENG if admission is the main motive for U. U dont need to secure a supervisor and it is a course based program. So good Luck

KRUTHI

Mar 22, 2014
@mizan ... yes if i would apply i will apply for project based ie.non-thesis only.

have any idea about the part time jobs in that province??

and is there any chances for scholarships??

ali.ahmad2789

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
Pakistan
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Brothers,

Do not worry about the jobs. At least for now. It is true that the economy is not that friendly for new job seekers. AFter you complete your degree you will need to work very hard in order to secure a job. The job market in Windsor is very poor. You will need to look for job outside Windsor. But for Now your focus should be getting the visa first and then work very hard in order to score a very good GPA and then look for a job. A descent GPA will increase your chances of getting a job. I talked to a pakistani guy, who completed his bachleors from pakistan and later went to Odette school of buisness for master of Management. Just After finishing his course he got a job. But he was a class topper

raj_009

Star Member
Oct 3, 2013
ali.ahmad2789 said:
Brothers,

Do not worry about the jobs. At least for now. It is true that the economy is not that friendly for new job seekers. AFter you complete your degree you will need to work very hard in order to secure a job. The job market in Windsor is very poor. You will need to look for job outside Windsor. But for Now your focus should be getting the visa first and then work very hard in order to score a very good GPA and then look for a job. A descent GPA will increase your chances of getting a job. I talked to a pakistani guy, who completed his bachleors from pakistan and later went to Odette school of buisness for master of Management. Just After finishing his course he got a job. But he was a class topper
Ya that is true. I totally agree with this. We have to work hard. It's obvious we are competing with the locals for the job. we must give employers a reason for hiring us. Even i know 4-5 persons who graduated from Odette school of business with M.O.M and got job within 2 months. 2 of them got promoted also recently. m in thouch with those guys. When we move abroad, we need to have a open mind n be ready for everything... Time will play its role.. ATB guys... lets pray for our visa...

dddanny2006

Mar 31, 2014
Hi friends,

Im from India.Here's my profile,

IELTS -8 (L/R/S 8.5 W 7)
BE in Mechanical Engineering from VTU
Graduation Percentage over 4 years 55.54% with 6 backlogs, Percentage 62.3% in the final year,Percentage 58.66% in the last two years of study

Work Experience:Sales Engineer with 1.5+years of Work experience.

I want to apply to the Masters in Industrial Engineering program course based at U of Windsor.Do you'll think I stand a chance given my profile above.

Please do give your valuable inputs.

Thanks

Dan