+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

UNiversity of waterloo vs UBC vs McGill

arunmarria

Sep 22, 2014
Hi

I want to do Meng in ECE( computer networking /Communication Systems). Can you guys pls let me knw that Which univ among UBC, MCgill or WAterloo is gud in terms of quality of education, job perspectives and PR??

Thanks in advance

ibnbatuta

Jun 24, 2014
All the three are top notch. You cannot go wrong with any of the three. Enrolment is very competitive in all the three. Please explore whether you will be allowed co-op . In that case go for Co-op. As far as I know you there is CO-OP option in UBC and UW. Please check this regarding Mcgill. Generally in IT Sector the number of jobs would be --- Toronto ( Waterloo )> Montreol ( Mcgill )>= Vancouver (UBC). At Montreol you need to brush up your french. However international students generally always move around in Canada and therefore locational advantage may neutralize out. If I am not mistaken -Toronto/ waterloo has lots of start-ups along with other IT jobs, Montreol has gaming industry while Vancouver has vendors for Seattle IT industry ( please confirm this ).

Do not bother about PR. That is natural corollary to job that you get. Getting full time Job is more important . PR will follow automatically after that.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Pick Waterloo if you have a choice.

FYI - Waterloo is not in Toronto.

ibnbatuta

Jun 24, 2014
Never meant to mean that waterloo is in Toronto. If any member gets this impression my sincerest apologies. Toronto ( waterloo ) means that bulk of the jobs waterloo students take are in toronto ( if not in states ). There is always a tendency for the recruiters to pick universities from nearby area.

I was in toronto and waterloo university last month .

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
arunmarria said:
Hi

I want to do Meng in ECE( computer networking /Communication Systems). Can you guys pls let me knw that Which univ among UBC, MCgill or WAterloo is gud in terms of quality of education, job perspectives and PR??

Thanks in advance
I second the earlier stated opinions that Waterloo is by far your best choice if you are looking at any sort of engineering. It is the highest regarded Canadian university by prospective employers in the broadly defined IT space, both within Canada and the US.