+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

University of Victoria Winter 2021

EmJ_BLR

Dec 31, 2020
yes i am in MTIS Program....sure...would be happy to help
Hi @Shabana013 ,

Could you pls tell me how long it took to get a response from UVic? I have applied for MTIS (for Fall 2021) in the last week of Dec 2020. It is still in Submitted status, not even Under Review. I just received an Applicant ID & student number and that's it. No updates after that. How long it takes for the application to move from Submitted to Review? Any inputs will be helpful.

Shabana013

Aug 20, 2020
@ EmJ_BLR
Hi @Shabana013 ,

Could you pls tell me how long it took to get a response from UVic? I have applied for MTIS (for Fall 2021) in the last week of Dec 2020. It is still in Submitted status, not even Under Review. I just received an Applicant ID & student number and that's it. No updates after that. How long it takes for the application to move from Submitted to Review? Any inputs will be helpful.
Hi,
took almost 4-5 months for admission confirmation..........so get ready for a long wait.You will receive decision in march or after that

Reactions: EmJ_BLR

EmJ_BLR

Dec 31, 2020
@ EmJ_BLR applied on oct 28 SDS and still waiting.......visas are delayed due to pandemic so i suggest you to plan accordingly.
Hi @Shabana013 ,
I got provisional offer from UVic for MTIS. Did you already start attending this program ? Did you apply for your co-op WP along with your SP ?

Shabana013

Aug 20, 2020
@EmJ_BLR
Hello,
Yes i am in my second semester at UVic in MTIS because i deferred my admission from sep 2020 to jan 2021 intake because of Covid. i will be applying for Coop in my third semester. Thanks. Congratulations on your admission.

EmJ_BLR

Dec 31, 2020
@EmJ_BLR
Hello,
Yes i am in my second semester at UVic in MTIS because i deferred my admission from sep 2020 to jan 2021 intake because of Covid. i will be applying for Coop in my third semester. Thanks. Congratulations on your admission.
Thanks @Shabana013 for the quick reply..
How is the program..? all students are eligible for coop right? or is there any limit/quota.?Because,without co-op, PGWP will be only one year only.
Also, currently they gave me provisional offer. Need to send them transcripts. I m worried that by the time they send me unconditional offer it will be too late.
Did you apply for SP after getting unconditional/final LOA? Did you get your sp before your classes started in Jan.?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Shabana013

Aug 20, 2020
@EmJ_BLR They program is really good.....yes all the students are eligible for coop.....
Yes i applied after getting unconditional offer letter...I recommend you to do the same.....i got my study permit after my classes started but the university is very helpful regarding this.....My Jan term was announced to be online...and i got my permit after the first half of my semester...so i preferred going after completing the whole term......I took all of my first term online and came to Canada in start of my second term....In case your study permit gets delayed inform the uni about it...they will let you know what to do...they're very good and accommodating...So my opinion is to go ahead with it....
from which country are you ?