+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

University of Victoria (Uvic) Fall 2020

mahesh91

May 10, 2020
Hello friends.. I applied for MADS in UVic for fall 2020 just today. Any body got their visa approved?
Hello Guys.. Today I got my status changed to "Under Review by Department" for MADS program. Exactly after a month status got updated.

mahesh91

May 10, 2020
4 terms = 2 years. So if we do one co-op term or more, we would be eligible for a 3 year post-graduation work permit. Btw, I have also got into MTIS for Fall 2020. However, I decided to defer my entry to January 2021. I applied for my study permit on March 8th from India, but haven't got my visa yet!
Hello Deeve,

I applied for fall 2020 MADS program. I already have visa. Although I got approved on a different university. I am planning to change to UVic if i get admission. So, the co-op term is considered in the duration of the program? if yes, we have an option to get 3 year work permit. I was thinking, we will get one year permit since its one year program.

deeve

Feb 5, 2020
Hello Deeve,

I applied for fall 2020 MADS program. I already have visa. Although I got approved on a different university. I am planning to change to UVic if i get admission. So, the co-op term is considered in the duration of the program? if yes, we have an option to get 3 year work permit. I was thinking, we will get one year permit since its one year program.
Co-op is optional. But if you decide to do co-op after completing the the three terms, you will get a 3 year work permit. If you don't do the co-op, you will get only a 1 year work permit. This info is based on my research for the MTIS program. If you need more clarification for MADS, you can contact the co-op office at UVic.

warriorprince

Aug 17, 2012
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
20-03-2017
AOR Received.
30-03-2017; 05-06-2017
File Transfer...
30-05-2017
Med's Request
10-04-2017
Med's Done....
28-04-2017
Passport Req..
04-09-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2017
LANDED..........
30-10-2017
Hello everyone. My status changed to "Recommended by department". Does this mean I've been admitted?
Hi Animesh,
My status is also changed to "Recommended by department". what happened in your case? I am just wondering what does this "status" update mean?

alpertunga

Aug 23, 2020
My application status is also stuck on "Recommended by Department" for a while, I am inside Canada with a Tourist visa, applied for a study permit with the offer of admission but not expecting to get the study permit soon to be honest. I wonder what the next status after "Recommended by Department" is.

EmJ_BLR

Dec 31, 2020
Congrats lep. Likewise, just got a Provisional Admit for Fall2020 in the MTIS program.

Hi @scaria197 and @lep ,

Could you please give any insights about the MTIS program if your classes have started already ? I have applied for this program on last week of Dec 2020 (for Fall 2021).
Would like to know my chances, I have more than 10 years of study gap from last degree, with 10+ yrs work exp. in IT/Cloud Tech. with MNCs in India
Bachelor's % = 73
IELTS = 6.5.
Also, How long do they take to respond once application has been submitted? Can we expect acceptance/refusal by Jan/Feb ?
It shows 36 weeks processing time for SP now in CIC website (under normal processing), even if we get a response by Feb/March, getting SP by Sep 21 seems difficult. Are they allowing students to attend online classes until SP gets approved ?

Appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance,

lep

Dec 23, 2019
Hi @EmJ_BLR,
My entry term has been deferred once and only to January 2021 hence the class hasn't started yet. And Uvic is offering online classes for this situation.
It took me 2 months to get the result of my application.
For your profile, I think it's no problem to get admission.

Hope that helps and happy new year.

Reactions: EmJ_BLR

EmJ_BLR

Dec 31, 2020
Hi @EmJ_BLR,
My entry term has been deferred once and only to January 2021 hence the class hasn't started yet. And Uvic is offering online classes for this situation.
It took me 2 months to get the result of my application.
For your profile, I think it's no problem to get admission.

Hope that helps and happy new year.
Thanks @lep for the response,
Did you apply SP through SDS stream ? How long it took to get your AIP/SP (if you have already got one).

Thank you.