+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

University of Saskatchewan Applicants Fall 2020

ramseriv

Star Member
Mar 20, 2021
Greetings!
I need some help!

1. Do I need to wait for a response for the pre-qualification application or can I contact the supervisor meanwhile?
2. What do I have to say to the supervisor? any format available so I do not miss anything?
3. I need to see the courses + credits+ description of the chosen master, and I do not find them, can anyone help and tell me how to get there, cause the catalogue of courses presented in the page seems to be for undergraduate level. I really need to see the courses offered so I can convinced myself of attending this uni

Caffeine1

Jun 10, 2021
Hi,

I know this forum is for admissions for Fall 2021.
But to anyone who will be applying for Winter Intake 2022.
I'm happy to share with you my timeline.

Here's my timeline :)
  • April 27 -Took DET (Duolingo English Test)
  • April 30 - Applied for USask Winter Intake 2022
  • May 2 - Completed all school requirements
  • May 20- Received Recommendation for Admission to College of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies (e-mail)
  • June 9 - Date of Letter of Acceptance (but wasn’t able to see this because there’s no website update)
  • June 11- Website update and accepted the offer. :)
Best of luck to everyone! :)

ramseriv

Star Member
Mar 20, 2021
Hi,

I know this forum is for admissions for Fall 2021.
But to anyone who will be applying for Winter Intake 2022.
I'm happy to share with you my timeline.

Here's my timeline :)
  • April 27 -Took DET (Duolingo English Test)
  • April 30 - Applied for USask Winter Intake 2022
  • May 2 - Completed all school requirements
  • May 20- Received Recommendation for Admission to College of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies (e-mail)
  • June 9 - Date of Letter of Acceptance (but wasn’t able to see this because there’s no website update)
  • June 11- Website update and accepted the offer. :)
Best of luck to everyone! :)
Greetings!

Based on your timeline I could be able to answer one question I just recently made to my program staff, and was about the Dolingo test, basically because on the webpage of the program it is stated that the applicant needs to submit an appropriate english proficiency test, but they don't mention what is appropriate for them. So I run onto the language requirements page for international students and by watching the table of the standarized test I saw that duolingo contained an observation that said it is only available for undergraduate programs.

I noticed with this comment that they accept the Duo as well (even when it is not stated in the page of the program, nor in the english proficiency requirements, at least not for Graduate program: https://admissions.usask.ca/requirements/english-language-proficiency.php#ProofofEnglishproficiency).

Now that I know it is possible may I ask you:

1. Which is your program, and Duolingo appropriate score for them. And if it happen to be the same faculty as the one I'm interested, I would know what they expect from it.

2. Based on my program webpage they stated that I needed to contact a supervisor before even trying to apply on the Master, that's where I am right now. In fact the professor talked to me about a ''fully funded vacancy for winter 2022'' *and I was not even asking him for it because the master that I signed up for in the ''Pre-qualification form- was not MsC (could be funded), was M.eng (not funded).
While I was in the meeting with the research supervisor, I received the noticed from the pre-qualification staff, saying this: '' Sorry, There are currently no faculty members who are able to offer to provide supervision in your area of interest and as such we cannot proceed further with your application''.
I got confused, at that exact time I was in a meeting with a supervisor, because he proposed it after receiving my first email that was like a letter of intention to apply to a master!! I don't know what to do, I did not even mention that email to the supervisor and continued with the interview, we are advancing into a conclusion. That email put me in a position where I don't know why is there not supervisor available if the one who I was talking to, was one of them, and did not mention anything similar!! on the contrary, he has not yet rejected me. He is providing information on the application process and the university overall.

3. I see no pre-from process in your timeline. Did You apply directly without the meeting with a supervisor?

4. Did you entered to the courses catalogue for winter2022? is it normal that all the courses presented in there are most related to undergraduate level and just a few for graduate level? and if there are courses on graduate level, the majority are from the others areas that are not part of my research area (I meant I could just be able to found 2, and one says that the instructor is still unavailable, so, what am I supposed to take? I do not want to take classes that are not related with the field of my research, and I just saw one available (how am I supposed to maintain my full time status with just 3 credits in the first term!!? I feel bad about it, because I loved the university campus by just watching videos and comments in here. That makes me believe this university does not have strong curriculum on the field I'm trying To pursue :/ and it is the only one I'm able to afford $$ in Canada overall.

Caffeine1

Jun 10, 2021
oticed with this comment that they accep

Hi!

I applied for Sustainability Solutions - Graduate Certificate program. This one is course based, so there's no need to contact any supervisor before doing the application.

As for the English Proficiency Requirements for Post graduate programs, you can check this link: https://grad.usask.ca/admissions/admission-requirements.php#Minimumadmissionrequirements

Duolingo English Test = minimum required score is 110.

About the pre-form process, I may not be of great help since I am not familiar with project/thesis based programs like yours.
In your case, since there's a lot of confusion, I suggest you contact the university.

Phone 1-306-966-5788
Email admissions@usask.ca

I believe most courses are available for winter application now.
https://grad.usask.ca/programs/find-a-program.php

Tresh

Star Member
Jan 13, 2020
Greetings!

Based on your timeline I could be able to answer one question I just recently made to my program staff, and was about the Dolingo test, basically because on the webpage of the program it is stated that the applicant needs to submit an appropriate english proficiency test, but they don't mention what is appropriate for them. So I run onto the language requirements page for international students and by watching the table of the standarized test I saw that duolingo contained an observation that said it is only available for undergraduate programs.

I noticed with this comment that they accept the Duo as well (even when it is not stated in the page of the program, nor in the english proficiency requirements, at least not for Graduate program: https://admissions.usask.ca/requirements/english-language-proficiency.php#ProofofEnglishproficiency).

Now that I know it is possible may I ask you:

1. Which is your program, and Duolingo appropriate score for them. And if it happen to be the same faculty as the one I'm interested, I would know what they expect from it.

2. Based on my program webpage they stated that I needed to contact a supervisor before even trying to apply on the Master, that's where I am right now. In fact the professor talked to me about a ''fully funded vacancy for winter 2022'' *and I was not even asking him for it because the master that I signed up for in the ''Pre-qualification form- was not MsC (could be funded), was M.eng (not funded).
While I was in the meeting with the research supervisor, I received the noticed from the pre-qualification staff, saying this: '' Sorry, There are currently no faculty members who are able to offer to provide supervision in your area of interest and as such we cannot proceed further with your application''.
I got confused, at that exact time I was in a meeting with a supervisor, because he proposed it after receiving my first email that was like a letter of intention to apply to a master!! I don't know what to do, I did not even mention that email to the supervisor and continued with the interview, we are advancing into a conclusion. That email put me in a position where I don't know why is there not supervisor available if the one who I was talking to, was one of them, and did not mention anything similar!! on the contrary, he has not yet rejected me. He is providing information on the application process and the university overall.

3. I see no pre-from process in your timeline. Did You apply directly without the meeting with a supervisor?

4. Did you entered to the courses catalogue for winter2022? is it normal that all the courses presented in there are most related to undergraduate level and just a few for graduate level? and if there are courses on graduate level, the majority are from the others areas that are not part of my research area (I meant I could just be able to found 2, and one says that the instructor is still unavailable, so, what am I supposed to take? I do not want to take classes that are not related with the field of my research, and I just saw one available (how am I supposed to maintain my full time status with just 3 credits in the first term!!? I feel bad about it, because I loved the university campus by just watching videos and comments in here. That makes me believe this university does not have strong curriculum on the field I'm trying To pursue :/ and it is the only one I'm able to afford $$ in Canada overall.
His program seems to be PGC( Post Graduate Certificate) and not a Master, and as such do not need any Supervisor.

I applied for Course based too, didn't need to get a supervisor, got the Admission and is currently waiting for visa decision. I didn't want to take the risk of loosing admission, so I applied for Course based after 3 pre-requisite form stuff. Now I have written to our academic advisor, she said I can switch to thesis-based after completion of 1st term, and securing CGPA of atleast 75%. So that's my target now.

As for the pre-form you did, I would suggest you continue with the potential supervisor, reach an agreement that he has accepted to be your Supervisor. Then you can refill the pre-form again, puting his name that he has accepted to supervise you. As the form takes 6weeks to give feedback, if not favourable feedback, go ahead and apply. When you do apply, inform your supervisor,he/she will take it up from there.

My thoughts. Not a guru.

All the best.

Rvndrtoor1

Jun 11, 2021
Just got a mail now from University of Saskatchewan. It reads thus;

Recommendation for Admission to Graduate Studies.

Dear
Xxxxxx,

• Thank you for your application to the Educational Administration - Master of Education - Course-based for the 2021 Fall Term academic term. Faculty leaders in your program were impressed by your application, and we are pleased to inform you that they have recommended you for admission to the College of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies (CGPS). CGPS will review and verify your admission file and will issue your official letter of acceptance. You should receive an e-mail notification within the next few weeks when your official letter of acceptance is ready.

Your letter from the College of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies will be your official acceptance and will include information regarding how to proceed with accepting your offer of admission on-line. Your acceptance letter will also provide further instructions about providing any outstanding official documents to CGPS, and will outline any applicable conditions or probationary terms of your admission.

In addition to this automatic e-mail, and your official letter from CGPS, your academic unit may contact you with additional information regarding your recommendation for admission.

If you are no longer interested in pursuing graduate studies within this program, please let us know by logging in to your profile and withdrawing your application.

Congratulations on being recommended for admission, and we look forward to having you join the vibrant graduate community at the University of Saskatchewan!

Sincerely,

College of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies
    University of Saskatchewan
    Room 116 Thorvaldson Building, 110 Science Place
    Saskatoon, SK S7N 5C9
    Canada

Who else got this? It came in tis morning
I am.also interested in Master of Education program....what is the eligibility requirement??
They accept with 6.5bands??

ven369k

Nov 30, 2021
Congrats Tresh,the LOA should get to you within 3-5 working days.

Waiting seriously for our positive update too.

Just got a mail now from University of Saskatchewan. It reads thus;

Recommendation for Admission to Graduate Studies.

Dear
Xxxxxx,

• Thank you for your application to the Educational Administration - Master of Education - Course-based for the 2021 Fall Term academic term. Faculty leaders in your program were impressed by your application, and we are pleased to inform you that they have recommended you for admission to the College of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies (CGPS). CGPS will review and verify your admission file and will issue your official letter of acceptance. You should receive an e-mail notification within the next few weeks when your official letter of acceptance is ready.

Your letter from the College of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies will be your official acceptance and will include information regarding how to proceed with accepting your offer of admission on-line. Your acceptance letter will also provide further instructions about providing any outstanding official documents to CGPS, and will outline any applicable conditions or probationary terms of your admission.

In addition to this automatic e-mail, and your official letter from CGPS, your academic unit may contact you with additional information regarding your recommendation for admission.

If you are no longer interested in pursuing graduate studies within this program, please let us know by logging in to your profile and withdrawing your application.

Congratulations on being recommended for admission, and we look forward to having you join the vibrant graduate community at the University of Saskatchewan!

Sincerely,

College of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies
    University of Saskatchewan
    Room 116 Thorvaldson Building, 110 Science Place
    Saskatoon, SK S7N 5C9
    Canada

Who else got this? It came in tis morning
[/QUOTE]

ven369k

Nov 30, 2021
IELTS is waived for my country. So I didn't apply with ielts
hii i want to get some information for Master of educational administration coursed based for my sister pls....can you provide me you contact pls ....if you dont mind