+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

University of Regina Winter 2014 intake

usman_14pk

Champion Member
Jan 29, 2013
ammarmp said:
I have applied for ISE Co-op. for fall 2014 admissions. any one else in the same category?
My department is Computer Science but still if you wanna ask something, go ahead. I will try my best to answer them.

usman_14pk

Champion Member
Jan 29, 2013
ubaid88 said:
Does any know how much approx time they take for decision of an application?
It varies from department to department.
For Masters admission, they can take up to 2-3 months.

ammarmp

Aug 9, 2012
usman_14pk said:
My department is Computer Science but still if you wanna ask something, go ahead. I will try my best to answer them.
What are the main factors for getting admission in any program in UoR and more specifically for MEng ISE Co-OP?
how good of a chance do i have with the following profile:

Qualification: BE- NED Engineering- Mechanical
GPA: 3
Experience: 2.5 years (employed in Abu-Dhabi) related to solid mechanics, design and FEA
IELTS(A) 8.5

Plus i have relatives in Regina too. Does it affect my application( or the visa) in a positive way?

usman_14pk

Champion Member
Jan 29, 2013
ammarmp said:
What are the main factors for getting admission in any program in UoR and more specifically for MEng ISE Co-OP?

Experience: 2.5 years (employed in Abu-Dhabi) related to solid mechanics, design and FEA
IELTS(A) 8.5

Plus i have relatives in Regina too. Does it affect my application( or the visa) in a positive way?
Your BE grades, Experience and IELTS, all these things are good. There wont be any issue for securing admission in UOR. In addition, I will recommend you to write a good Statement of Purpose (SOP), stating that why you want to pursue for this course, what are your goals, etc...

You will get you admission easily but remember, DON'T COPY EVEN A SINGLE LINE IN YOUR "SOP" FROM ANYWHERE.
UOR and even all the unis are very much strict on plagiarism and they really check your statement for plagiarism.

nadi002

Dec 1, 2013
Faisalabad
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ammarmp said:

IELTS(A) 8.5

Dont worry bro you will secure admission IA. most of the canadain uni have same standards for admission in MEng courses if you qualify you are good to go. You have good band and cgpa, hope for good :)

ammarmp

Aug 9, 2012
usman_14pk said:
Your BE grades, Experience and IELTS, all these things are good. There wont be any issue for securing admission in UOR. In addition, I will recommend you to write a good Statement of Purpose (SOP), stating that why you want to pursue for this course, what are your goals, etc...

You will get you admission easily but remember, DON'T COPY EVEN A SINGLE LINE IN YOUR "SOP" FROM ANYWHERE.
UOR and even all the unis are very much strict on plagiarism and they really check your statement for plagiarism.
Let's hope for the best.
thanks for the advice but i have already submitted the application. for most parts, i am pretty sure there wont be any plagiarism; can't be sure for for the complete SOP though :( . i wrote my first draft of sop in undergrad, and i definitely took help from the internet. i have changed it a lot since then but now i don't even remember which parts were copied.

worst case scenario: what happens if they do find a couple of lines plagiarized ?

btw you got admission in UoR already?

ammarmp

Aug 9, 2012
nadi002 said:
Dont worry bro you will secure admission IA. most of the canadain uni have same standards for admission in MEng courses if you qualify you are good to go. You have good band and cgpa, hope for good :)
Thanks man. Let's see, IA.

Does IELTS hold any weightage in admissions? i am still getting "english proficiency not required" in my application. but the date has been given in "document received" column

usman_14pk

Champion Member
Jan 29, 2013
ammarmp said:
Let's hope for the best.
thanks for the advice but i have already submitted the application. for most parts, i am pretty sure there wont be any plagiarism; can't be sure for for the complete SOP though :( . i wrote my first draft of sop in undergrad, and i definitely took help from the internet. i have changed it a lot since then but now i don't even remember which parts were copied.

worst case scenario: what happens if they do find a couple of lines plagiarized ?

btw you got admission in UoR already?
Yes I have secured my admission in UOR.
In worst scenario, if you found guilty on plagiarism, they will reject your application and will put your name in the BAN LIST of students.

ammarmp

Aug 9, 2012
usman_14pk said:
Yes I have secured my admission in UOR.
In worst scenario, if you found guilty on plagiarism, they will reject your application and will put your name in the BAN LIST of students.
ohhh... is there some way to check that list? because i applied in 2011 too.. :/

v582singh

Sep 19, 2012
Hey guys ..need ur help..

I applied for Meng in Electronics system engg. For sept 2014. Can anyone let me knw what are chances of getting admitted woth below profile

BE Electronics : 64% University of Mumbai
IELTS : 6.5

I got reply that the admission decision will be declared in month of July 2014.how much time the overall process

ayazk88

Star Member
Apr 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2014
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
InshaAllah soon
Dear Seniors and other members,

I got admission in University of Victoria (MEngg-Mechanical) for Sep 2014 Session, but i am confused on below four points and i will appreciate ur comments and feed back on these concerns.

(1) I should Apply online or paper based for visa? as i have 3 years of gap b/w my studies and purposed course start date and my employer is not giving me experiance letter (as it is small firm they dont want trained person to leave them) Sad if i apply online i have to upload experiance letters or not???

(2) My IELTS will expire on 10th March 2014 although i got addmission with the same IELTS but now it is expire so i should reappear for IELTS or just give old score card for visa?

(3) My passport will expire on aug 2016 while my course duration is sep 2014 to sep 2016 , i dont want to put my self in trouble or mess after reaching there to renew my passport and apply for new study permit etc ( can i apply for new passport or any member have faced similar situation)??.

(4) i have a bank statement in my account of 50000$ (six months old) do i need to prove to visa officers from where these funds came?[/b][/b][/b]

I will be very thankfull if u guys can comment on these four issues

Regards

Ayaz

john310

Star Member
Mar 13, 2014
HI PLEASE CAN YOU TELL ME DO WE NEED TO PAY TUITION FEE BEFORE APPLYING TO VISA IN INDIA FOR REGINA UNIVERSITY. THANK YOU