+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

University of Regina FALL 13 Applicants

aalamsinghc

Apr 15, 2013
jazaz89 said:
Hey ...
HUhh ... thats a pretty low acceptance rate there ...
I got an email saying they shall be making decision in July ... and a friend who applied last year got a reply in June ...
I certainly want to hope for the best and forget the worst part ... lol ...
Surprisingly, Computer Science ppl get their application result quite early and in fact every thread i see computer science people are in majority ...

Guyz keep posting if any of u get a change of ur application status ...
I know even I was surprised. I have attached the link

http://www.petersons.com/graduate-schools/university-of-regina-of-engineering-and-applied-science-program-in-petroleum-systems-engineering-000_10021762.aspx

aalamsinghc

Apr 15, 2013
jazaz89 said:
Hey ...
HUhh ... thats a pretty low acceptance rate there ...
I got an email saying they shall be making decision in July ... and a friend who applied last year got a reply in June ...
I certainly want to hope for the best and forget the worst part ... lol ...
Surprisingly, Computer Science ppl get their application result quite early and in fact every thread i see computer science people are in majority ...

Guyz keep posting if any of u get a change of ur application status ...
Comp sci seems easy. Btw was you friend in PSE program?

imran1989

Star Member
May 23, 2013
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
NOC 6002
App. Filed.......
25th may 2015
IELTS Request
W:6 S:6 R:5.5 L:6
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
31st July 2015
LANDED..........
6th sep 2015
Bags! Evn i want to apply fr u of regina! Shell v do it onlyn we hv send it thru main as xplnd earlier! I gt my academic 10th 12 th transcripts and ielts marks sheet! Can u tell from where do i hav to start!

sandhu boy! I hv to select a course can help me, i,am b.com...as u studying der can help me to select a course...

sandhuboy

Aug 26, 2012
Chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
CHANDIGARH
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013
Doc's Request.
16-04-2013
Med's Request
Waived
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
08/05/2013
LANDED..........
wahaguru manu v DATE pan da moka da..
imran1989 said:
Bags! Evn i want to apply fr u of regina! Shell v do it onlyn we hv send it thru main as xplnd earlier! I gt my academic 10th 12 th transcripts and ielts marks sheet! Can u tell from where do i hav to start!

sandhu boy! I hv to select a course can help me, i,am b.com...as u studying der can help me to select a course...
join the page-
http://www.facebook.com/ groups/521383794584962

jazaz89

Star Member
May 20, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aalamsinghc said:
Comp sci seems easy. Btw was you friend in PSE program?
Yea i guess so ...
Yea he applied for a PSE and got a rejection sometime in June ... btw, he applied for a Co-op program which usually is very tough

I saw this link of urs ... thnx, it was helpful ... yet scary :p
23 got accepted and i suppose its including Project Based + Co-Op program one ...

I hope if people have some experience in Oil & Gas Industry that might give them an edge over others ... !?! :)

aalamsinghc

Apr 15, 2013
jazaz89 said:
Yea i guess so ...
Yea he applied for a PSE and got a rejection sometime in June ... btw, he applied for a Co-op program which usually is very tough

I saw this link of urs ... thnx, it was helpful ... yet scary :p
23 got accepted and i suppose its including Project Based + Co-Op program one ...

I hope if people have some experience in Oil & Gas Industry that might give them an edge over others ... !?! :)
LOL seriously I applied for Coop program aswell. did your friend had a UK degree aswell. I am actually a bit worried now. :(

jazaz89

Star Member
May 20, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aalamsinghc said:
LOL seriously I applied for Coop program aswell. did your friend had a UK degree aswell. I am actually a bit worried now. :(
Its gonna be alryte mate ...

yea usually Co-op program is a bit hard to get in ... there are limited seats ...
now considering that the acceptance was only 23 last year scares the s*** out of me too ...
I am hoping my industrial experience is counted cuz I have a BEng in Mechanical and Canadian Universities account on the BEng course correlating with the MSc degree applied for.

Honestly, Mechanical is heavily related to the field we have applied for but I guess they do not 100% agree on that ...
However, I have got acceptance from UK universities for the Petroleum & Subsea programs but I am still counting on this PSE one ...

I just randomly asked a tutor from Heriot Watt University, UK (NO.1 IN PETROLEUM ENGINEERING WORLDWIDE) about aplying for a MSc in Petroleum Engineering if you have a BEng in Mechanical ... and he is like its very much related and you shall have no problems ... whereas my application to University of Alberta got rejected on the grounds of degree modules not matching ... :'(
it could have been the case of GRE too as I didn't take the test ... even thought its not a requirement but heard that people taking GRE have extra advantage over the people not appearing for it ...

UK is bloddy expensive man so i guess Canada is still my first option ... jus hope that this wait has a fruitful result ... :D

jazaz89

Star Member
May 20, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sandhuboy said:
join the page-
http://www.facebook.com/ groups/521383794584962
I wanted to ask about the visa application ...
is it possible to apply ur visa if u only have a scanned copy of ur LOA or an original is required to be filed with ur visa application ?

Khan81

Star Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
my application status has change Rentud.pending final review.....

jazaz89

Star Member
May 20, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Adil Sulehri said:
decision made : not accepted :)
Hi Adil ...
Hard Luck Mate ...
Did u email them to provide u a feedback ... like on what grounds was your application rejected ... ? If not, u shud do that in order to get an idea of what u can improve ...
one more thing i see u have 2 yrs of oil and gas industry experience ... and u only provided the university with recommendations from ur professors and not from ur employer ... ?

HEy Guyz ...

anyone from PSE getting a reply ???