+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

University Of regina Admission related Query!

nazia2k

Mar 9, 2011
If you had not wasted your valuable time , you would have gotten a final decision on admission offer by now. They accept scan copies so they are pretty fast in decision making . In 15-16 days you will come to know about the final decision . Good luck !

kavya

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
ND VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10//06/2010
Doc's Request.
30/10/2010
AOR Received.
15/01/2011
Can anyone tell me is the proof of fund mean to be only on our bank a/c or our parents can do too?

ug83

Star Member
Apr 23, 2011
Hi Kavya,

proof of funds can be in your account or in your parents account......I am showing the main part of these funds in my father account and small 5 lacs in my own account.

regards

Admission

Sep 29, 2011
Forget the masters program at regine or Usask. They might not require GRE but the admission process is as competitive. This is the same thing admission advisors and Univ of regina suggested you. Admissions in canadian Masters program are very tough and If you applied already you would have figured it out by now

Londonqtr

Mar 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London - UK
NOC Code......
4131- 4121
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 09
Doc's Request.
May - 09
AOR Received.
Oct - 09
IELTS Request
Done my Ielts in Sept. and Sent after 120 days.
File Transfer...
Oct - 09
Med's Request
May 2010
Med's Done....
June 2010
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
15-3-2011
VISA ISSUED...
April 2011
LANDED..........
Landed and Got the PR
nazia2k said:
If cad universities can exempt Ielts requirement then why not GRE. In the USA, not all universities require GRE. Your consultant is wrong. Nothing will be written on your offer letter. Just double confirm this from your university . Move your bum , sir ;D
Nazia, do you resides in regina?

UG83 ? what happened to your admission? did you start taking classes in U of R or U of S????

Please reply
Londonqtr

kavya

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
ND VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10//06/2010
Doc's Request.
30/10/2010
AOR Received.
15/01/2011
Happy Good friday to every one. May this year brings all happiness to all friends what they deserve at the end of the long waiting.

God Bless,

Kavya

sxv53328

Nov 22, 2015
Hi Friends , i am interested in University of Regina Master OF Business Administration.

MY EDUCATIONAL BACK GROUND

1. MATRICULATION = 62% ICSE
2. INTERMEDIATE = 63% ISC
3. B.COM (3 YEARS) = 55% Calcutta University

I have 1 year 3 months work experience in Accounts dept along with 1 years 9 months experience in BPO work on SAP and CRM for Tata Consultancy services. A total of 3 years Work Exp.

My IELTS scores are as follows:
Test Band
Listening 6.0
Reading 6.0
Writing 6.5
Speaking 6.0
Overall 6.0
I appeared for this test on August 2015.

No GMAT given as yet.

Friends i wanted to ask whether i will be accepted in UOR for MBA or in some other university in canada ?

Please help i do not wanna loose money in application fee

Fahad.Baloch

Nov 21, 2015
Hey guys, I sorry for hijacking this thread. I made a separate one but didn't get a response there cos of so many threads over here.

I applied in U of R in Petroleum Systems Engineering (co-op) and here's my profile:

- 2.96(76%) in undergraduate - B.Sc Chemical Engineering
- GRE: 303
Great LoRs and good enough SoP I think.
- 1 internship in Oil and Gas company and 1in Fertilizer sector.

Do I have a good chance for acceptance?

Thanks!

re3dv

Star Member
Sep 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2016
IELTS Request
25-02-2016
File Transfer...
26-02-2016
Med's Request
22-03-2016
Med's Done....
31-03-2016
Interview........
22-03-2016
Passport Req..
25-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2016
LANDED..........
Soon InshAllah
Fahad.Baloch said:
Hey guys, I sorry for hijacking this thread. I made a separate one but didn't get a response there cos of so many threads over here.

I applied in U of R in Petroleum Systems Engineering (co-op) and here's my profile:

- 2.96(76%) in undergraduate - B.Sc Chemical Engineering
- GRE: 303
Great LoRs and good enough SoP I think.
- 1 internship in Oil and Gas company and 1in Fertilizer sector.

Do I have a good chance for acceptance?

Thanks!
Hey Fahad.Baloch have u applied to UR or are u thinking about it? I have also applied to University of Regina in process systems engineering (GPA=3.3, GRE=320) From what I hear UR is unpredictable. People with gpa's of 3.3 and 3.4 get rejected sometimes and people with slightly lower gpa get accepted. I think this is because there is not one criteria on which they base their decision. SoPs, recommendation letters, GPA trend and overall gpa, weather u have secured a supervisor or not, these all are the variables that matter. So no one can predict wat the outcome will be if u dont apply. U shd apply, hope for the best and keep ur fingers crossed.
P.S: did they ask for gre score in ur dcuments required list? bcz they didnt ask me even though i mentioned it in online application

Fahad.Baloch

Nov 21, 2015
re3dv said:
Hey Fahad.Baloch have u applied to UR or are u thinking about it? I have also applied to University of Regina in process systems engineering (GPA=3.3, GRE=320) From what I hear UR is unpredictable. People with gpa's of 3.3 and 3.4 get rejected sometimes and people with slightly lower gpa get accepted. I think this is because there is not one criteria on which they base their decision. SoPs, recommendation letters, GPA trend and overall gpa, weather u have secured a supervisor or not, these all are the variables that matter. So no one can predict wat the outcome will be if u dont apply. U shd apply, hope for the best and keep ur fingers crossed.
P.S: did they ask for gre score in ur dcuments required list? bcz they didnt ask me even though i mentioned it in online application

Hey. I applied to University of Regina a couple of weeks ago. I know, universities can be unpredictable. I am an international student and my university was stringent when giving high CGPAs hence a higher % and a low CGPA.

I included my GRE scores while filling the online application and then sent them a merged PDF file which included a snapshot of my GRE score along with other things. I think they require you to send official GRE scores if you're admitted.

My LoRs are good I feel. I get on well with my professors. SoP was good I think as well. Wrote it on my own and explained why I feel U of R is beneficial for me with the co-op prog and mentioned a few courses which I feel will help me even more. I don't think you need to secure a supervisor for MENG. Hoping for the best and good luck to you as well! (y)

re3dv

Star Member
Sep 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2016
IELTS Request
25-02-2016
File Transfer...
26-02-2016
Med's Request
22-03-2016
Med's Done....
31-03-2016
Interview........
22-03-2016
Passport Req..
25-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2016
LANDED..........
Soon InshAllah
oh rite. thts good. Im an international student as well and my application got completed on 6th october and my application status says "Hold file for next department intake". The email they sent me said the decision is made in atleast 3 months.
Best of luck to u too. :)

ObumabuWinner

Feb 23, 2017
ug83 said:
The university has total fees for the whole program is $19000. therefore it is totally in my budget. I also have enough funds for accommodation and other expenses during studies.

The reason i have chosen Regina is because it falls in my budget and also i want to choose a university in Saskatchewan.

Other universities are either expensive or i donot fulfill their initial admission criteria.

As i have done my MBA from Uk in the past therefore i don't want to go for some post graduate diploma from some college which make s my case Weak infront of visa officer.

Also i will be showing HR related field experience exactly of two years and the remaining experience is the sales and marketing related field

regards

Where did you confirm the cost of the program? Please I applied for MHRM fall 2017.

smahin

Mar 4, 2017
Bangladesh
My Profile
10th and 12th class: 80% plus
BSc Computer Science and Engineering CGPA : 3.21 out of 4
IELTS : 7
With More than 2 year job experience .

Applied Course Based Msc in Computer Science in UofR.

What are my chances?