+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

University of Ottawa-no mails from University

armaandhir

Apr 2, 2015
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just came to know from a source here in Ottawa that they process applications in alphabetic order starting with first name. Not sure but i came to know about this from a canadian person. Everybody will get a call hopefully and MCS from uOttawa is one wise decision; trust me on that. All the best guys and congrats Aman once again.

Hi Aman, can you please tell me that what is the last date they gave you to accept the letter and deposit the first semester fees? and can you please share how much is the deposit as well?
Thanks.

AmanBhathal

Feb 20, 2015
Thanks bro,
they gave me till 26 of April to accept the offer letter either by mail or fax, rest i guess they will tell me after that i think.

Shruti Inaganti

Jan 7, 2015
@Aman: That's enough time i guess to decide if u wnt to accept the offer or not.
Will they share the fee structure once you accept their offer?
or they have already shared it with you??

AmanBhathal

Feb 20, 2015
Buddy i applied for
1. Carlton
2. Ottawa
3. York
4. Ryerson
5. Concordia

@ Shruti in the offer letter they mentioned be prepared to spend $37000 per year (tuition,books,supplies,lodging,food,health insurance,bus transportation, etc).They didn't gave any me breakdown details for it but if you visit the University website n calculate fees then they were around 22K (tution + health insu. + miscellaneous).

AmanBhathal

Feb 20, 2015
Ya its a bit expensive but there wud be two terms of paid Co-Op n there we can manage to chip down 8K to 12k n there are opportunities for TA($5167 per term) n corrector($3727 per term) at university.

Well i may be opting for Ottawa cuz firstly it is silicon valley of north (lot of IT companies) which is gud considering my background n second of the Co-Op option.

kakkar13

Star Member
Nov 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Aman, Yes u rightly said about the coop thing, When did u apply @ concordia n for which course, any updates for that?

Shruti Inaganti

Jan 7, 2015
@aman:
Is univ going to helpyou out wid the co-op thing??
And what is TA and Corrector??
I knw abt coop but nt sure of universities give u that

armaandhir

Apr 2, 2015
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Aman: You have done a good research. I appreciate that you managed to do all that sitting in india. Carleton and Ottawa University both are equally good for MCS. but some canadians say that carleton has better reputation in engineering related courses. But MCS is a joint program between uOttawa and carleton. so i don't think it makes any difference. Mostly all master students get into corrector or assistant jobs at university. and coop is definitely a bonus. uOttawa has 98% rate of coop employment for engineering courses as far as i know and have researched.

@shruti: did you consider any consultant to apply to the university? if yes tell me who?
and do you have a background as a bachelors in technology?