+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

university of manitoba

stdycanada

Sep 9, 2014
hey does any 1 hv any information on admission procedure for pre-masters program in computer science in University of Manitoba???

plz help

simrat0721

Star Member
Jun 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Have u been asked by anyone to go for pre masters program or u want to do it by choice ?
Contact the Faculty of graduate studies about it.

stdycanada

Sep 9, 2014
i wanted to do masters in Computer science but since i hv B.Sc IT degree (i.e 3 years) i have 15 years of education.................so cant go for masters.Needed to know the requirements and tution fees abt this pre-masters program

simrat0721

Star Member
Jun 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Talk with FGS ( Faculty of Graduate Studies) at Graduate.Admissions@umanitoba.ca

oswaldz

Oct 1, 2013
Canada
Category........
QSW
App. Filed.......
to be filed
Passport Req..
27 November 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 November 2015
LANDED..........
15 December 2015
stdycanada said:
i wanted to do masters in Computer science but since i hv B.Sc IT degree (i.e 3 years) i have 15 years of education.................so cant go for masters.Needed to know the requirements and tution fees abt this pre-masters program
My consultant advised me to go for pgd as I have done diploma in mechanical and lateral entry in B.SC. IT and chance if rejection are very high. So they suggested pgd

simrat0721

Star Member
Jun 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oswaldz said:
My consultant advised me to go for pgd as I have done diploma in mechanical and lateral entry in B.SC. IT and chance if rejection are very high. So they suggested pgd
They always advise for PGD since they get good commissions out of the fees paid by you to colleges. And they get nothing from Universities(most of them). If you have 16years of study , u r eligible for admission into university. Apply in some university , dont listen to them.

stdycanada

Sep 9, 2014
I wanted to do masters but with 15yrs of education i v hv pgd as the only choice :(

no idea abt this pre-masters thng.

God of war

Aug 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
stdycanada said:
I wanted to do masters but with 15yrs of education i v hv pgd as the only choice :(

no idea abt this pre-masters thng.
Pre masters are for those who has 15 years of studies.

stdycanada

Sep 9, 2014
God of war said:
Pre masters are for those who has 15 years of studies.

do u know how to apply for that program??? can u post its link plz
the uni site doesnt hv info regarding the pre-masters

oswaldz

Oct 1, 2013
Canada
Category........
QSW
App. Filed.......
to be filed
Passport Req..
27 November 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 November 2015
LANDED..........
15 December 2015
Someone please clarify my doubt please. Studies in university are difficult than college ? Or in any way .

God of war

Aug 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
stdycanada said:
do u know how to apply for that program??? can u post its link plz
the uni site doesnt hv info regarding the pre-masters
Where you will do your masters..the same univ. must have that pre masters prog. like in VIU.. they have pre-mba prog.

stdycanada

Sep 9, 2014
God of war said:
Where you will do your masters..the same univ. must have that pre masters prog. like in VIU.. they have pre-mba prog.
if uni of Manitoba offers masters program after pre-masters m ready for it then...............coz i prefer masters rather than pgdm

God of war

Aug 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
stdycanada said:
if uni of Manitoba offers masters program after pre-masters m ready for it then...............coz i prefer masters rather than pgdm
That's true. Agreed.

stdycanada

Sep 9, 2014
so any 1 having any info on this pre-masters degree??
or do you know any other universities or colleges offering such courses then plz share it

sikanderv

Star Member
Jun 5, 2011
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
Hyderabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2014
IELTS Request
8 overall (R9 L8.5 S7.5 W7)
File Transfer...
25-07-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-06-2014
Passport Req..
With application
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2014
LANDED..........
Yet to decide
stdycanada said:
so any 1 having any info on this pre-masters degree??
or do you know any other universities or colleges offering such courses then plz share it
Try browsing these on the Web:

Concordia University College of Alberta (Master of Information Systems Assurance Management(

University of Calgary (Masters in Science (Computer Science)) First class/division standing. If student holds a 3 year undergraduate Bachelor's degree, the student must also hold a Master's degree as a minimum requirement for entrance to the Master's program.

http://grad.ucalgary.ca/prospective/admissions/international-admission-requirements/continent/asia/india

Fairleigh Dickinson University - Vancouver

Carleton University - Should have at least one course related to the major applying for.

Applicants who hold a 3-year bachelors degree from institutions that have received a CGPA average of 3.01-4.00 or A by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs), or Institutes of Management Technology (IMTs) may be considered for admission to a master’s program, subject to the admission requirements of the program. Please note that meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission into the program.

University of Regina